Ch. 12

February 28thKnowles ResidenceOmniscient

February 28th
Knowles Residence
Omniscient

"You will not see that girl!" Mathew shouts at Beyoncé.

"Mat-" Tina tries cutting in. He'd been yelling at Bey from the second they got into the car.

"No, Tina! She's been lying to us!"

"When did I lie?! I never told you I was with Shawn. You assumed that!" A harsh slap was delivered to her face, something she'd gotten so used to from him.

"You will not see that girl anymore!"

"Maybe you've forgotten, but I'm 18. You can't tell me who I can or cannot see! She makes me happy! Isn't that what you should want for your child? Happiness?"

"Sweetie, we do want you to be happy-" Mathew cuts Tina off again.

"If it means you are going to go against the word of God, then no! We don't care about your damn happiness!"

Beyoncé let's out a light chuckle before swiping her tongue over her top row of teeth and nodding her head.

"As long as you are under my roof, you will abide by my rules and the rules God has put in place!"

"Then I guess I won't be living under your roof anymore." Bey says before walking up to her room, Solo following closely behind.

"Bey, please don't leave."

"I'm sorry, Sol, but he wants me to choose between being happy and being miserable. Even if I don't stay with Robyn forever, I know who I am and what I want. I don't want to be married to some man just to procreate. That's not for me."

"They won't pay for your college, Bey. You need an education." Solo continues to plea with her.

"I'll apply for scholarships and use financial aid. If I have to take a year off to save up money, I will. I'll be fine." Bey texts Nicki quickly to come get her. Lord knows Mathew will not let Bey take her car. "Sol, I'll see you all the time, but you can't expect me to stay in this house. Not with how it has been lately."

Solo sadly nods her head. She does want her sister to be happy, more than anything, but she's still scared for the unknown. Her and Nicki had blown up Bey's cell before their parents went on the hunt for her. Apparently Mia overheard them asking about her whereabouts and told them she and Robyn had went outside.

Solo grabs another suitcase to help Bey pack. Nicki had messaged back saying Robyn was going to come too to get her. Up until that point Bey forgot she had blocked Rih, so she quickly unblocked her on all accounts.

Nicki sent a text fifteen minutes later saying they were outside. Bey and Solo grabbed two suitcases each and walked down the steps. "Understand what you're doing, Giselle." Mathew warns. Bey doesn't respond, she just takes her keys out of her pocket and takes off the car and house key.