Chapter 6: Taurus's arrival Part One: Bull Crap

Zero let out a loud yawn as he leaned back stretching in his chair. He sat at his computer doing some last minute work he hadn't finished due to his training session.

"Mmm.....not half bad" Nyima commented as he flouted next to Zero rubbing were his stomach would be.

"I'm surprised it didn't just go threw you.....literally" The boy remarked looking at his partner with his EM vision "Though it was strange that I had to.....feed it to you".

"Heheh.....yeah" Nyima chuckled as he stretched "Anyways.....how you holding up Z?.....you.....got beaten pretty bad....." Zero's voice held concern as Zero looked to his chest were that boy had struck him. He could still feel the pain and there was now a scratch on his chest that would thankfully heal without scaring, the pain also had died down since then.....but the feeling if almost dieing.....still shook him to his very core.

Zero refocused on Nyima and answered in a lower tone "I...I'm ok.....". Nyima eyed his partner and crossed his arms as he sighed saying "Look kid.....I.....can't say I know how this feels.....I was never one to battle.....but I do know that this feeling will fade.....don't worry"

"I-I know.....its just"

Nyima cut him off "I understand.....I'll give you as much time as needed before we go back out their Z.....and remember.....I'm here to help" Zero smiled at his partners words and look to him.

"T-Thanks"

Nyima nodded before entering his Transer "I'm going to hit the sack.....be sure not to stay up to late Z" With that he went silent as it was clear by the breaths he was asleep. Zero finished up his work and shut his computer off. He got up from his chair and stretched again before hearing the creaking of his door. He turned see Kara peeking in.

"Oh your awake" She said as she opened the door the rest of the way and entered.

Zero gave her a confused look expecting her to be asleep by now due to how late he was up. Kara was dressed in a yellow T-shirt with green fuzzy pants as well as yellow slippers on her feet.

"Kara? What are you doing up?" He questioned.

Kara yawned "Just woke up to use the bathroom.....I saw your light was on so I came to check on you"

"O-oh"

Kara walked up to him and the concern in her eyes was hard to kiss. "Kar-"

"Wait.....before you say anything.....what happened earlier?.....when you got home you were pale.....did something happen?" Kara asked her happy tone changed to one of concern as she stared into her brothers eyes. Zero mentally gulped having hoped her or his mother wouldn't have noticed. When Zero had arrived home he had quickly got to the bathroom and acted like he was taking a shower so he could clear his head and calm down.

"N-no" He stuttered as he thought about what to say "Nothing happened.....I g-guess I was just dehydrated.....t-that's all" He prayed that this would work, knowing Kara she would get worried and over protective while trying to find out what happened and how wich may also get his mother's attention as well. Zero's main fear though.....was that he may have to tell his secret if that were to happen.......he felt guilty because he had to lie.....but also fearful of what could happen if they found out. Thankfully though Kara seemed to believe him.

Kara sighed "You need to stop worrying us so much Z.....you had me and Mom worried sick thinking you were attacked or something" She then wrapped her arms around her brother pulling him close "Please.....if something like that ever does happen" Her grip tightened "Tell us.....we're here for you.....always"

Zero smiled slightly before letting out a low hiss as Kara was putting pressure on his wound. Hearing this she backed up "Sorry.....I didn't mean to hug that hard"