Ch 10. Negan

"Eenie...meenie...miney...mo...catch...a tiger...by...his toe. If...he hollers...let him go. My mother...told me...to pick...the very...best...one...and you...are...it." Negan pointed his bat in front of Abraham. He had that stupid smirk on his face as he spoke.

"Anybody move, anybody says anything, cut the boy's other eye out and feed it to his father, and then we'll start." Abraham was kneeling, his back straight as he looked at Negan, daring the twisted man to kill him. "You can breathe. You can blink. You can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that."

There were a few screams as Negan bashed his bat, Lucille, into Abraham's head.

"Woah! Look at that! Taking it like a champ!"

Abraham looked up, blood dripping down his face, "Suck...my...nuts."

Negan swung again. The thud of the bat echoed through the air.

He swung again. And again. And again. And again. And again, until finally, all that was left was a pool of blood and brains by a headless body.

"Did you hear that? He said, 'Suck my nuts.'" He chuckled, letting out a sigh.

He swung again at the bloodied floor that had mashed brains and skin resting on it. Everyone flinched as he hit the body, over and over again.

You clenched your fists, sucking in a breath.

"Oh, my goodness. Look at this!" Blood splattered on your cheek as he swung that bat. Abraham's blood.

"You guys, look at my dirty girl!" He laughed and looked at Rosita.

He moved the bloodied bat in front of her. "Sweetheart... Lay your eyes on this. Oh, damn. Were you-- Were you together? That sucks. But if you were, you should know there was a reason for all this. Red-- and hell, he was, is and will ever be red. He just took one or six or seven for the team!"

He moved the bat closer to her face. "So take...a damn look. Take a damn look!"

Daryl suddenly stood up and punched Negan across the face. His men grabbed him and pulled back down to the ground.

"No! Oh, no. That? Oh, my! That is a no-no. The whole thing-- not one bit of that shit flies here."

Dwight came up with Daryl's crossbow. Pointing it at him. "Do you want me to do it? Right here."

You tried to get up but two men were holding you down. You fought against their grip, trying to get to Daryl.

"No." You almost came to a complete stop when Negan said the word.

"And anyway..." He stood up and they dragged Daryl back to his spot in the line.

"That's not how it works. Now, I already told you people-- first one's free, then-- what'd I say? I said I would shut that shit down! No exceptions."

You pulled at the men that were holding you, trying to break free.

"Now, I don't know what kind of lying assholes you've been dealing with...but I'm a man of my word. First impressions are important. I need you to know me."

"So...back to it."

You screamed when Negan brought his bat down on Glenn. Tears spilled over as the bat hit him. Maggie was screaming too. He looked up, his eye was popping out of its socket.

You cried harder at the sight. He was your best friend. Now, he was dying right in front of you.

"Stop! Stop it damn it!" You shouted, making Negan look at you out of the corner of his eye. But he turned back to Glenn.

Everyone was quiet except for you and Maggie. They were all too shocked to let a word slip. You didn't care anymore, he took Glenn away.

He was going to die one day. And it was going to be by the hands of you.

--

"Dwight, load those two up." The bat was swung in front of you and Daryl, and you were shoved into the back of the truck next to Daryl.

You looked at him as the door slammed shut.

"D-Daryl?" He looked up at you, his eyes were filled with so much emotion and his face was bruised.

You grabbed his hand and moved closer to him.

"Just in case one of us doesn't get out of this, I want you to know something." The tears hadn't ended. They were still coming as you spoke to him.

"Do you remember when I told you that I fell in love with someone in the group?" He nodded slowly as he turned his head to the floor.

"It was you. I love you." You broke down and moved the hand that wasn't holding Daryl's, to your eyes.

He heaved you into his lap and brushed his hand against your cheek, wiping the tears that were slowly falling.

"Love you too."