Chapter 14

*Draven's POV* (Ash pictured above)

I finish cooking the chicken as I have Rose set the table. I then bring the food over to the table and help Rose get situated in her seat and get her a glass of apple juice. We sit at the table and I dish Rose some food. I cut up the chicken for her and we eat in silence. Rose and I have finished eating and now we are rinsing the dishes and cleaning up everything when there is a knock at the door. "Daddy dere's someone at the door," Rose says softly and I smile "Okay princess I'll be right back," I say kissing her head before I go to answer the door.

I open the door and am greeting by Jack and Ash. "Hey boys come on in," I say moving out of the way. I close the door and look at them "How are you feeling Ash?" I asked glancing at his leg. He shrugs "It'll heal, where were you?" he looks at me. I sigh and shake my head "I'm sorry you got shot Ash but I was unable to leave," I say. He shakes his head "What in gods green earth was more important!" he yells. I look at him and raise my eyebrow "Excuse me, do you know who you're talking to," I walk over to him and tower over him "I'm still second in command of this crew, so you better watch yourself," I sternly say looking him in the eyes. He gulps and nods "Yeah I'm sorry Draven," he says looking at me.

I roll my eyes at him and look towards the kitchen and see Rose pop her head out. She looks directed to Jack and freezes in her pop before quickly hiding in the kitchen again. I raise an eyebrow and look at Jack "Well for your information, I had company," I simply state. They both look at me and give me a confused look. I nod at them "Rose, will you come out here please," I yell towards the kitchen and slowly she shuffles out of the kitchen and walks over to us. She hides behind me "Yes?" she asks softly. I chuckle "Princess come here," I say pulling her in front of me "This is Ash and Jack," I say pointing to each of them. "Hi Rose," Ash says holding his hand out. She looks at him and then back at me as if waiting for me to allow her to shake his hand. I smile and nod at her as she looks at him and shakes his hand "Hi," she says quietly. She then looks at Jack and he looks at her but neither of them says anything. "Okay, what gives, what happened between you two," Ash says in a sarcastic tone and I shoot him a glare "What?" he asks defensively. I shake my head and look at Jack "Are you going to say anything?" he breaks his gaze on Rose and looks at me "Yeah sorry I um.. I'm just shocked," he states. I give him a confused look.

"I thought you moved away," Rose speaks up looking at Jack. I look at her and immediately get protective "Whoa wait you know each other!?" I say as my eyes widen. Jack looks at me and then looks back to Rose "You want to tell him or should I?" he asks her softly. Rose looks up at me and I look at her with a worried and confused look on my face. She looks at Jack and sighs as she shakes her head. Neither of them says anything for a good 15 minutes and I'm starting to grow impatient as well as worried. I look at Ash and sigh "Will you give us a minute Ash?" I say motioning for him to go to the kitchen "Yeah I'll be in the kitchen" Ash says before leaving. "Okay, will one of you please explain to me what is going on?" I say looking at Jack and he shrugs. I raise my eyebrow and look at Rose "Princess?" I ask and she looks at me but doesn't speak. I sigh and think about what could be so bad.

********************************* (703 Words) A/N: Well this is a shorter chapter and kinda crappy. Rose and Jack know each other from their past, and for all Rose knew Jack had moved away. What do you think happened between them in the past? How do you think they knew each other? Please vote, comment & follow it's much appreciated. And as always thank you so much for reading 💕