Chapter 20

Once Ryder reassures me again that he's safe and on his way home I hang up and give Emeric the phone back. Emeric excuses himself so he can go take a shower to clean off all the blood while Violet cleans my cuts, and bandages them since they're going to take longer to heal because of the silver knife. She runs to the kitchen getting me and ice pack for my wrist, and Aidan follows her to get me some water.

I move to stand up but Fletcher stops me. Pushing his hands off me I make my way to Violet's floor to ceiling windows by her dinning room table. The sun is starting to set creating a watercolor effect of warm colors across the sky. Taking a deep breath I rest my forehead against the cool glass hoping to calm my racing heart.

"Why don't you have a seat." I turn looking over my shoulder to see Aidan moving a chair from the table so I can sit closer to the window. I sit down taking the glass of water from his hands.

"Thank you." He pulls out a chair so he can sit next to me and puts his arm around my shoulder. I scoot closer to him relishing in his warmth and comfort.

"Can you tell us what happened?" Violet and Fletcher both sit across from us still looking a bit on edge. I set my glass of water down on the table and clear my throat.

"I met her yesterday after sparring with Emeric. She stopped me and introduced herself, and I felt bad because I couldn't talk with her for too long because I need to go to your office." I look up at Aidan and he nods for me to continue. "Today she came up to me and said hello, so I ran with her during the warm up. I thought it would be nice to make a new friend, but goddess was I wrong." I put my face in my hands, and I feel Aidan start to rub my back in a reassuring manner.

"This wasn't your fault Della, and I don't want you blaming yourself." I sit back up and lean my head on Aidan's shoulder silently thanking him for his words.

"Anyway we talked throughout the run, and after I was her partner for sparring. There was no one to be her partner and that was probably a lie, but I fell for it and we talked some more. After Emeric called it a day I invited her to lunch and she accepted. We ate and talked about me being a rogue and family. I told her so much, and the thing is I had a nagging feeling that I shouldn't but I still did. She asked to use the bathroom and I told her where it was. After a while I got concerned and went to look for her." I take a shaky breath remembering the pain from my head smacking against the wall. I reach up and rub the tender spot on the back of my head.

"She slammed me up against the wall, and called me a stupid bitch." Aidan tenses up beside me and Violet looks furious. "I saw the knife in her hand which she held up to my throat. I knew that I needed help but I couldn't mind link any of you because she would know what I was doing, and by the time you would reach me it would have been too late. I went through all the options and that's when I remembered Emeric's oath, and the small mark on my pinky. I knew that I just needed to cut it to alert him, so I made it seem like the knife she had wasn't real silver. She told me to see for myself and that's when I sliced my finger open. I knew Emeric was on his way so I just stalled until he saved me." I look down at my hands.

"Why did she want to hurt you?" Violet still sounds very confused, Fletcher's too lost in thought, and Aidan is watching my every move waiting for me to answer her.

"Blake." I whisper out waiting for the explosion to happen. Three. Two. One.

"What the Fuck? Is he insane, well I mean more insane than we already knew about!" Fletcher stands up knocking his chair back. He paces back and forth pulling at his hair. "He wanted to intimidate you?" Fletcher looks at me.

"No. He wanted to eliminate the problem." Aidan mirrors Fletcher actions by knocking his chair back as he stands up, but instead he rushes out of the room down the hallway. Violet reaches across the table grasping my hands in hers.