{Chapter Fifty-Three}

1989《

*Vince*

A year had passed and rehab was honestly no fun.

Feelings and crying and apologies... It was a drag.

But at least it got us in the studio.

Some of us left rehab earlier than others.

I was out first, followed closely by Mick, then Tommy and MJ were let out the same day, and soon Nikki was out, too.

MJ did explain to me the truth of her lost pregnancy, and its sad she wasn't able to have Razzle's baby, let alone even know about it until it was too late. However, I'm relieved that I wasn't the cause of her baby dying. Though with something like that, its sad that her chances od a family hang on a breaking thread. I really do hope she finds a way to have kids one day. She also forgave Mick for revealing the truth like that.

Mick had also forgiven me and agreed not to kill me for sleeping with MJ.

Mallory got better with everything since she left rehab. She has been clean from both alcohol and drugs just like all of us. She was still stuck on smoking a bit, but not as often as before, and has been cutting down a lot. She used to smoke like 2-3 packs a day, now its just down to like 2 sticks every 2 or 3 weeks, depending if she's on edge, which is now rarely.

She and Mick also made amends, and she started medical school but in Los Angeles, which wasn't long considering she had enough credits and a semester or two before being able to become a nurse practitioner, which she did, and has honestly been pretty happy and doing well.

She also came clean to Sharise about what happened between us, and thankfully Sharise forgave us, her especially. Though she wasn't happy, she was still glad we were honest and she didn't find out through anyone else.

Only weird thing was that MJ and Nikki never got together...

I guess they're just scared after everything, despite them still getting along now and not fighting or avoiding each other.

Nikki had started seeing this girl, Donna, but things didn't last long. Vanity tried getting back into his life, but he was strong and resisted her.

Seeing her though, did almost get to him, but he had MJ to help him.

MJ had also met Sebastian at an award show a few months after rehab and they hit it off pretty well.

She seems happy with him, and he treats her right.

He's a great guy and he and his band, Skid Row, are cool, too.

"Alright, Vin, one last time," Nikki said into the mic.

I nodded as I sipped some more water as he played the tape. 

Ugh... I'm tired....

*Nikki*

I played the tape as Vince took a deep breath.

(Video: Mötley Crüe "Same Ol' Situation" Audio)

"What have we got here?" he said into the mic. "Come on girls!"

We watched as he started to sing, Tommy headbanging in his seat as the stuio intern came in with the water and snacks while .

"Yeah!" Tommy smiled as we watched Vince sing. "So rad, dude. So fucking rad. It's like we never recorded before!"