Final

Friday 6:00 pm
13th Sept. 2019
Paris, France

"Are you sure about this babe?" you're starting to get nervous.

"Of course I am, don't you trust me?" Taehyung carefully places the blindfold over your eyes and ties a secure knot on the back of your head. The silk fabric feels soft against your skin and you're now overflowing with expectation of what is to come. You take hold of the hem of your shirt and cheers silently in excitement. Taehyung notices and giggles at you.

"Just don't get your expectations up too high, I wouldn't want to make you disappointed."

"Oh you’re playing yourself baby, you know I’d never be disappointed in you. It’s not physically possible", you reassure Taehyung’s humble heart.

"I hope so", he responds chuckling at your sweet attitude.

He finishes adjusting the knot and carefully turns you to face him. He places a sweet kiss on your lips as he cups your face in his hands. He lets go and you follow, entranced by his love. He grins at your needy lips and gently brushes his thumb across your cheek.

"You can’t have all of me right now baby. You’ll have to wait just a little longer." His voice is deep and husky yet it flows like honey off his lips.

As the gentleman he truly is, he takes your hand and helps you up to your feet. He then leads you across the field and out through the gates they earlier entered. Your vision is entirely blocked so you relent to listening to all there is of your surroundings. You hold Taehyung’s arm in a steady grip with both of your hands. 

Loud cheers of people passing by and screams leaving those going by in roller coasters above the two foreigners. It's only now that you realize how hectic the atmosphere really is in this theme park.

You both stop on the sidewalk right outside the theme park and you feel Taehyung move slightly, as if waving in someone. A second later you hear the screeching wheels of a car pulling up beside you. Taehyung opens the door and leads you to take a seat in the back before finding a seat for himself.

You hear the car door close and then the sound of a lock switching. You find it to be quite the thrill, almost like a kidnapping. Although you keep a firm grip of Taehyung to reassure yourself of your safety - since not being able to see can be quite scary. 

The car ride is quiet but not very long. The whole of it blurs each and every one of your suspicions into pure irrelevance. Once the vehicle's speed comes to an end, they both get out, yet again standing still on the sidewalk.

"Taehyung, what’s going on?" Your voice trembles as you speaks.

"Oh, no baby don’t worry it’ll be a fun surprise. I promise." He realizes the misunderstanding and calms you while holding your hands. He continues.

"I’ll take off your blindfold in a sec, sweetheart. I just don’t want to spoil the surprise for you."

You nod trustingly and Taehyung strokes a strand of hair behind your ear. You hear the car drive off and Taehyung suddenly starts moving around. You can feel him moving behind you, untying the blindfold he’s careful not to get it tangled in your dark hair. You slowly blink your eyes open, adjusting them to the light, once Taehyung’s let the fabric fall. You look around, eyes wide as you spin. The both of you are centered on a bridge, in Notre-Dame, not too many people are nearby. Sun has already set and vibrant colours paint across the sky as well as dance across the reflective water. Alongside the railing of the ancient bridge, street lights take part in the performance of a magical show. A light breeze flows around you and Taehyung, bringing you closer at heart. The beautiful cathedral of Notre-Dame rises above the horizon with its mysterious garden surrounding it.

Taehyung extends an arm toward you as he bows slightly. He appears as a mythological prince where he stands, on the middle of a bridge with a beautiful woman. The last lights of the setting sun giving his skin a golden glow. 

"Would you walk with me, fair lady?"

You place your hand in his and he can’t help but smile widely.

The couple slowly makes their way across the bridge with not a single worry to ruin their breathtaking moment. They link arms and stroll athwart another bridge until they enter the beautiful greens of the cathedral. That's where Taehyung suddenly stops his pace and you likewise. You then notice Taehyung to be looking at something, or rather someone, so you turn to see whom it is.

Your gaze is met by an elderly pair leaving the cathedral, a university student closing a smaller shop in a street corner and a middle aged man walking his dog on a leash. You turn to Taehyung, perplexed. He shifts his eyes to you and then points farther away as he speaks.

"You see those two by the flower bed near the fountain over there?"

You focus your eyes and quickly find the two characters he’s described.

"Yes."

"Do you recognize either of them?"

He glances at you as you, still confused, stare at the two in despair. You hesitantly shake your head no, you couldn’t possibly recognize anyone from this far away.

Taehyung then gestures for you to follow as he walks toward them. The two figures are standing still now not longer than 30 meters of distance. You abruptly come to a halt. You gasp loudly, bringing your hands to cover your mouth as you do.

One of the figures turn to face your direction and suddenly it’s all clear to you. You make a leap and runs as fast as you can toward the person who's now welcoming you with open arms.

20 meters… 15 meters… 10 meters… You swing yourself into the arms of a very familiar person.

"Woah if I’d known you missed me this much, I would’ve come earlier" Allie chuckles, a laugh that you haven't heard in far too long.

Once Taehyung comes up to the company, the two females are still kept in a tight hug.

"Hey bro, it’s been a while, huh?" Taehyung’s deep voice flows through the air and another one echoes back.

"Yeah kiddo, how have you been?" Yoongi smiles brightly at his younger brother and gives in for a hug.

"Awh cute, now c’mon lovebirds let’s go!" Allie teases the two guys and they all set pace.

"Where are we going anyway?" You wonder, but are deceived by a distant answer along the line of "you’ll see".

Soon they arrive at a pair of glass doors guarded by a man in a velvet suit. They are led up to the doors by a red carpet surrounded by lanterns. Taehyung politely greets the man and merely mentions his name before the guard holds open one of the tall double doors for them.

"Merci beaucoup, monsieur. Ladies first." Taehyung shows you through the entrance.

On the other side of those doors lays a very upscale restaurant. The company of four are shown to a table with a clear view through the enormous yet beautifully designed windows. They take their preferred seats around the table and chat away while awaiting the waiter. 

The four of them catch up on this and that. They fill in the gaps of each other’s lives. They order their respective desired meals and once it’s arrived they’re yet not done talking. The atmosphere around the table feels safe, warm and much needed for them all equally. For the whole rest of the evening they laugh, eat and drink together. Reunited at last.

The clock has passed midnight when they eventually leave the restaurant. They walk alongside each other over the bridge and come to gather on the front yard of the cathedral. The night has now fully settled in and millions of stars are brightly shining through the darkest of it. They all stand to watch the stunning sky as, all of a sudden, Taehyung takes a step back, catching the other’s attention.

"Y/N." He begins as he clears his throat. 

The air is filled with fireflies and everyone’s stomachs are seemingly filled with butterflies. Taehyung continues.

"You are the most breathtakingly beautiful creature I have ever seen - inside and out. You make me happier than I could’ve ever imagined was possible. You make me feel proud of what I do and you support me more than anyone else on this earth. You are always there to listen and show your affection through thick and thin. You are the reason I wake up every morning and strive to become a better me. You fulfill me, for to me this world is just you. You are my whole universe. You’re every star in my night, you’re every flower, every bright cloud and all of you is perfect. You truly are the best part of me in every way."

He makes a pause and Yoongi suddenly hands him something out of his pocket. Tears fill up your eyes, but you quickly wipe them away not wanting to lose one second of this moment. Your breath hitches as you watch Taehyung take the tiny box from Yoongi and get down on one knee.

The scene is very emotional and all four of them desperately wipe their watering eyes. Taehyung clears his throat again as his right knee touches the ground.

"There is nothing… nothing in this world… that I want more than to spend the rest of my life with you Y/N. I want us to buy a house and start a family. I want to grow old with you, and I want to love you more every day, for each and every step of the way… 

Y/N, will you marry me?”