Chapter 26

I stared deep down the barrel of the camera and told the world, "So, heartfelt thanks to everyone who has posted their positive change pics to Twitter – you are all incredible! If you'd like to take part, just snap a photo of yourself making a change for the better and hashtag it with #positivechange. It can be as simple as going for a walk on the beach without shoes..."

The screen behind me changed to show an older viewer with her husband taking a stroll along the sand.

"...Or as huge as Reece, a nurse who is giving up her job here to volunteer with Doctors Without Borders for a year."

A smiling girl with deep eyes appeared holding a plane ticket, her eyes ablaze with excitement.

"Whoever you are, whatever your change, we want to hear about it! Speaking of change, it's time to head into the kitchen and chat about easy ways to change up unhealthy dinner classics."

I pushed myself easily out of my comfy couch. The set of 'Good Day' didn't have a desk; I didn't need the barrier between myself and the audience anymore, and although my stomach would never be wash-board flat, I was content with its gentle curve and could sit comfortably without stressing out over sucking in.

So much of my life had fallen into place in the ten or so months since deciding to launch my own show. With Joe and Patty's support, we'd pitched and been picked up by a network in record time, the same company who Matt worked for. Most of the Jump Start crew had defected to join our production team, and Good Day had quickly risen up through the ratings to become the number one show in its timeslot – and the most watched talk show in Australian TV history. We were currently in talks with American and UK networks for international syndication, meaning our message of living a positive life would soon be seen around the world.

The cameras tracked me as I crossed to the kitchen, feeling my rose-gold skirt swish prettily around my legs. "Hey, Eli! What are we cooking today?"

The dread-locked blond smiled towards the lens, his white teeth shining against his tanned skin. "Good morning, Evianna. Well, sometimes it can feel like being healthy means salad for every meal, but that isn't true. I'm going to make-over three meals today – spaghetti bolognaise, nachos and chicken parmigiana."

"Sounds awesome!" I was so grateful Eli had agreed to sign on with the show, even if it did mean sacrificing his nudie-bum ways. In the time we'd been on the air, his fame has skyrocketed; he'd also released a series of healthy cook books called 'Nude Food,' featuring photos of him standing shirtless in the kitchen. They were instant best-sellers.

Now, as we bantered over the stove-top for the cameras, discussing wholemeal pastas and kidney beans, the whole country could benefit from Eli's simple lessons, the same way I had in the Kaivalya kitchens. As we threw to a commercial, I hugged him tightly. "Thanks, Eli; you're awesome!"

"You are," he replied. "Hey, what do you want me to bring on Saturday night?"

Patty and Joe were down for the weekend and Matt and I were hosting dinner at our place. I shook my head. "Nothing, just yourself. Take a night off from the kitchen! I'm cooking and I promise, I won't let you down."

"Great! See you then."

After the ad break, we aired Taylor's regular segment, 'Active Daily,' where she trialled different forms of exercise. Considering she'd swung from a trapeze and been pelted with powder during a colour run the previous week, today's deep water running seemed tame in comparison. But the production team and I had decided that we needed to show activities everyone could participate in, not just the young and adventurous.

While Taylor's pre-recorded report played, I made a mental note to call her; Mrs Blake had invited Matt and me up to spend the weekend on the Gold Coast in their lavish guesthouse, and I wanted to confirm a few details. Plus, I missed her voice and saccharine attitude. I never thought I would, but my reaction in the past to Tay's sunniness had been a direct reflection of my own perspective on the world.