part ten.5

i slowly open the door to morgana's room. she is sitting on her bed, a few materials lied out before her. i smile softly, walking over to sit near her.

"how are you doing?" she asks me.

"as well as i can," i reply. "so what was this about? your message sounded urgent."

morgana sighs. "i need you tested immediately," she says. she brushes her hand over my arm, taking off the bandages covering where the injections were put. "having injections put into you isn't that big of a deal, but having this many could possibly kill you, especially if they weren't properly treated."

i gulp. "it's possible i'm going to die....?"

"it is, but only if your blood is infected from the contaminated chemicals that were put into your body. i need to take a sample to make sure you're okay."

i nod, holding out my arm like i've been so used to doing. morgana stuck a needle into my arm (a much smaller one than i'd been used to seeing, might i add) and drew some blood out of my arm before lightly bandaging it.

"let me take a look at it ok?" she says, and I nodded.

morgana went over to her desk and put a drop of blood under her microscrope. after setting it to the proper focus, she went and looked at it for a while before gasping softly.

"oh no."

"w-what is it?" i ask nervously.

morgana sighs. "there's a virus in your bloodstream. i think it might have been from all of the numbing shots you've had, those seem to be the bigger problem. but... it looks pretty bad..."

"...s-so what does it mean..."

morgana has tears in her eyes as she walks over to me and sighs again.

"it means that you're very very very very sick. and.... i'm sorry, but...

...you're going to die in two weeks."