Chapter 2| A Worthy Opponent

After hanging out with new friends, Kendall ended up going to the library like she wanted

After hanging out with new friends, Kendall ended up going to the library like she wanted. But alas, she didn't find too much information about the crest she bears. A lot of things didn't make sense to her with the information she did find. Which meant she had to do even more research.

Kendall also wondered about her mother. Learning for the first time that she's actually from Fodlan and not Ylisse, it made her curious. She wanted to ask her father more about her mother, but she knew he would be awkward about it like he always has been.

To finish the day off, Kendall was going to polish her sword skills. The training grounds was an easy building to find since it was near the dormitory. Plus, it was huge. Quickly grabbing her sword from her dorm, she started making her way towards the training grounds.

~•~

Opening the large doors to the training grounds, Kendall only saw one person there. Felix. Remembering him saying he didn't intend on being her friend, Kendall didn't even greet him, walking towards another area in the training grounds.

Unsheathing the sword at her side, Kendall held it in front of her face, the blade narrow. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes, clearing her mind of all thoughts. The only thoughts she had... Was the blade in her hand. Kendall started swinging the sword effortlessly, seeming like she knew what she was doing. Her specialty. Swinging the sword was like second nature to her, almost like she had swung a sword her whole life.

Imagining there was an enemy in front of her, Kendall locked her target. She swung the sword so swiftly that it looked like an afterimage appeared. Her body and footwork were everything, but more importantly... How accurately she swung her sword. Panting hard, she knew she still had a long way to go to perfect how her father fights. Even if she was proficient, she was still no master. Hearing someone walking up behind her, she was still in fighting mode, swinging the sword behind her.

Widening her eyes, she didn't expect to see Felix there. He encountered her blade with his, an intrigued look on his face. Kendall had thought he would mind his business, but he wore an expression that made it seem like something had peaked his interest. "You've got quite the skill."

Lowering her blade, Kendall lowered her eyes as well. "Uh... Thanks."

"Those techniques. They're nothing I've ever seen before."

"I'm not sure if you were informed, but I've come from a faraway land called Ylisse. My father is the khan's champion at Regna Ferox. I learned those techniques from him."

Felix looked surprised. "Regna Ferox? I have heard of that place. I've heard there are two khans who hold tournaments to decide who will hold the most power."

Kendall nodded. "That's correct. My father has been the West Khan's champion for many years. He's one of the most skilled swordsman in the land."