Chapter 13: Hellish Truth

Kongpob POV

That night, I attended the party but it was at the backyard. Mango trees that strings with electric lights surrounding the area. There were wooden tables and chairs around the garden space.
Young men and women were mingling, cups of booze in their hands. There was something relaxing about this place that I wanted to take a break for a while.

Inside there was a dance floor, the music booming and I saw figures dancing as violet and blue lights rapidly move.

It's much good to stay here in the backyard because it had lesser noise and people can have a clear conversation.

During my lunch with P'Arthit, he made fun of me by switching our meals. He switched his spicy ones with mine. I suffered again but P'Deer caught him and got scowled. Lol, he really looks like a poor turtle.

The thought of my happy lunch withdrew off when May turned into a narrow way of the flowers, after that she talked to Prae But what was really stealing my attention was the red-cloaked figure following her through rooftops and hid in bushes.

Guilt. That's the first thing I felt when May almost said what she really was.
I crept down to the opposite side of the lined flower, the cloaked figure climbing up the tree, so I try my best to lay low.

M appeared behind the mango tree and gives May a drink. She seemed to be in trouble with something. M and I needed to find out before something bad happens.

M POV

"How are you?" asked M.

"I'm doing okay." She smiled weakly. "But I have to tell you something, M. You wouldn't kill me right?"

Kill her? What is she thinking about? "Of course not, yo-u-u are my friend. What makes you think of that?" I stammered.

"You're the only one I can trust with this. Remember, the other day in the gym that I wasn't able to control my power. The truth is..." She muffled. I wipe her tears away with my handkerchief.

"You're a quiet person, are you? No wonder why I always got a feeling I can tell you anything."

Only quiet because I was having a crush on her! My body tensed. As far as I knew, this is the first-hand experience that a girl was opening up to me. Kong and I were different even he's that manly gay.

"Tell me what it is." I said.

May looks away from me. "I'm not a wizard. I use a cloaking spell so that I wouldn't be identified. I'm an Enchantress. This is the hellish truth about me, M."

Enchanter or Enchantress, it was someone who used dark magic to harm others. They were very manipulative and highly intelligent. Usually, they hide in groups on the mountain region.
They use the power to utilize dark magic, typically used for selfish, self-serving, and nefarious purposes. Dark Arts tend to focus on destruction, harming, and cursing. Although not all Enchanters use their magic for evil. The way I see with May. She was nothing like that.

"An enchantress." I whispered.  "You know what, I think I already did know the moment you release uncontrollably your magic. So don't feel bad about who you are. What matters is, you have a kind heart. Not all wizards are good. Not all Enchanters are bad either."

She lowered herself, her breath had grown heavy. "The people-my people from Sarika Island. It's my home. I ran away from there because the Enchanters are cruel, Me and my friend, Irene. We became slaves for the Dark Casters, they're a group of Enchanter and Enchantress serving for the Enchanter King. So, the day Irene and I escape, she was taken back, we were at the dock. But...she pushed away the boat with her magic.  It was my fault why she never escaped the island."