Recovery

Iain came out of surgery 9 hours later and Ruby was asleep in Jans arms on the the staff room sofa. "He's out and seems fine" said Ethan around the door "you can go and see him" he added "I'll let her sleep when she wakes up I'll take her" she smiled Ethan nodded "he won't wake up for about 12 hours anyway" he smiled she nodded "thank you" she said Ethan smiled "your more than welcome" he smiled walking out. Ruby woke up an hour later "Iain's out of surgery he's doing fine" smiled Jan stroking her hair "why didn't you wake me?" She asked sitting up suddenly she went a bit dizzy "Alright?" Asked Jan she nodded "of course" she said standing up "where is he can I see him?" She asked Jan nodded and Ruby followed her out she sat with him for hours and then Duffy walked in "I wish I didn't have to say this but visiting hours are over and I couldn't talk Dylan into letting you stay" she said Ruby nodded and got up heading out "Jans waiting for you in the ambulance station" she said Ruby nodded "where's Isla?" She asked "with Jan" she smiled she nodded and walked down the stairs she saw Jan and walked in "your baby needs to go home to bed Ruby" she said as she sat down "and so do you by the looks of it" she said "I'm not leaving not until Iain is too" she said "now I had a feeling you might say that so Alicia is taking Isla home she's got the week off anyway and your going into my office on the sofa" she said Ruby smiled "I'll keep Isla here she'll be fine I can't leave Alicia with her" she said "Alicia offered I didn't ask" she said she nodded "I'll ring my sister maybe she will be able to look after her" she said Jan nodded and ruby called her "hi Rubes" she said "hi Emily um there's been an incident dad was round the other day and punched Iain he's had to have surgery I was wondering if you could do me a huge favour and look after Isla, please just until I can leave him" she said "oh Ruby I'm on my way to the hospital now" she said "I'm in the ambulance station, I love you" she said Ruby nodded and shut off she turned up a couple of minutes later Ruby was up with Iain Jan smiled as she walked in "Hi I'm Ruby's boss you must be her sister" she said she nodded "is she alright?" She asked she nodded and they walked into the staff room. "Iain's very poorly she's finding it hard to cope I think" she said "I'll take Isla just let me see her first" she said she nodded "come on" she said they walked up and knocked on Iain's door Jan walked in and so did Emily "hey Rubes" she said Ruby got up and walked into her arms "I didn't think I knew what love felt like but I think I do now" she said Emily rubbed her back in her arms "he's going to be alright I know he is" she said she nodded and cried into her shoulder "this is such a mess" she cried "it's all going to be alright I promise" she said she nodded and let go "here's my key, you um you go in and get everything you need or stay there it's entirely up to you" she smiled Emily nodded "I'll stay there best Isla's at home" she smiled Ruby nodded "thank you so so much" she said she nodded and she left with Isla. Jan put a hand on Ruby's shoulder as Ethan walked over to her "he's awake" he said Ruby smiled and walked into Iain's room Jan close on her trail "I'll be out here" she said Ruby nodded and walked in "hey" he said "hi" she smiled tears streaming down her face "you scared me so bad" she said sitting down in the chair he smiled and held her hand "I'm okay" he smiled she smiled and kissed his hand "I know" she smiled.