A New Kind Of Game

Your POV
Setting: Night time

I watched the show and enjoyed it as usual. I had caught myself staring at Nikki a few times and looked away whenever his eyes would reach mine. I should've been mad at him but he had this way about him that just hypnotized me. I always thought he was cute but when I saw him in person for the first time my stomach instantly tied in knots with how nervous I got.

And that first time I saw him smile. When I made him laugh that one time we were heading to the studio. It killed me.

Nikki was a walking disaster. He had gone through so much shit he was jaded and learned to distract himself with all the drugs. But when he smiled I could see some hope.

"(Y/N)! Hand me the booze!" Tommy laughed as they walked off stage.

I handed Tommy the bottle of jack I had in my hand and he put his arm around my shoulders as we walked down the hallway.

"We're gonna get fucked up don't worry," Tommy said grinning.

"I don't know if I wanna get fucked up" I laughed. "I'm thinking to just watch you guys for tonight. It's my job after all," I said.

"That doesn't sound fun," Tommy laughed.

"Well maybe I'll do a bit," I smirked.

"I'm gonna show you how to have fun," Tommy laughed.

"And how are you gonna do that exactly?" I asked.

"Same as usual. Some coke and whiskey," Tommy replied.

"So nothing new?" I laughed.

"Not really. But when you first tried it you went wild," Tommy laughed.

"Those were the days," I laughed.

We walked to a bar across the street to get some drinks. Tomorrow was a free day and they wouldn't have to play any shows. So we had some liberty in getting even crazier than usual. The guys knew that and I knew I would have to be extra careful.

As we entered the bar I got a strong smell of sweat and alcohol. I mean it's what I expected but it was hard to get used to unless you were already drunk.

We all sat down at a table ready to drink the night away. I sat next to Tommy and Vince sat on the other side of him. Mick and Nikki were sat across from us. Thankfully it was Mick who was across from me. I mean I loved admiring Nikki but now wasn't the time.

It sucked sleeping next to Tommy. He just hit me in his sleep and would hog the blankets.

I missed sleeping next to Nikki. Just being able to hold him. And then waking up with him. He snored a bit but it was cute.

I missed when Nikki would kiss my forehead. It felt comforting. Like if I had nothing I still had him.

And now it seemed like I had everything except him.

I had a job I enjoyed. A group of friends who had my back. And I was actually growing as a person instead of being in my shell constantly.

But I didn't have Nikki.

"Any reason you're staring at me?" Nikki asked rudely.

I hadn't noticed I was staring at him. I looked away immediately and felt embarrassed.

"Dude stop," Tommy said defensively.

"What can I get you guys?" A waitress said walking up to us.

"Jack and coke," Nikki said.

"Vodka," Mick said.

"Jack," Tommy said.