Chapter 31 - Promises and decisions

"The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it."

Andrea's POV

When I opened my eyes, I was in the hospital. Alejandro and my mother were arguing. I blinked a few times and tried to understand what they were talking about.

"I don't want to see you beside my daughter. I will not let you hurt her again. How a man could be disrespectful towards a woman this much! You have a sister too. How would you feel if that happened to Lucia?" My mother hissed in frustration. Alejandro was looking down without saying anything. "My daughter got through hard times. Someone worthless like you broke her heart too. After a few years, she finally trusted some man again. Maybe she trusted you because you have known each other since childhood. But you hurt her more than her ex." My mother confirmed, full of sadness and anger in her voice.

"I am so sorry about my behavior. I regret what I have done to Andrea. I was blind with my anger. I couldn't think straight. But I swear I will do everything to make her happy. And I ordered one of my employees to delete that video and the news about it on the Internet." He stated, giving her an apologetic look.

"Could he do it?" My mother asked.

"Yes, he is the best in his field." Alejandro replied confidently.

"Yes, if he manages to do it, no one will see it, but what about who has already watched it?!" My mother asked dryly. "Did you hear what people talk behind her?" She asked angrily.

Alejandro looked away as sadness crossed his features. He breathed deeply, running his hand through his hair.

"I will not let anyone say anything bad about her." Alejandro stated, self-confident as he clenched his teeth.

"How will you prevent them? You will punch everyone who talks bad about Andrea or sue them?!" My mother mocked him.

"Don't worry. The girl... it isn't Andrea." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. My mother gave him a puzzled look. He sighed and continued. "I changed my mind as I understood I couldn't share the real video. Andrea... I never stopped to love her. Never. So I had deleted it and made a fake video. The girl in the video is an...actress. Her name is Lisa. It is her video with her boyfriend. Because they looked like us and the video was blurry and short, no one understood it." I looked at him with wide eyes. He shook his head, looking at my mother apologetically. "I have a plan in my mind. I will protect Andrea." Alejandro promised.

My mother raised her eyebrow in a sarcastic expression and asked mockingly. "What about yourself? How will you protect her from yourself?"

He breathed deeply, biting his lower lip. "I will not hurt her anymore. Doing those awful things to Andrea made my heart sink. I deeply regret it. Do you know how hard it was for me to hurt the woman, who I love, knowingly? It shattered my heart into pieces when I saw her crying, seeing sadness, pain and disappointment in her eyes." He confessed as his eyes welled up. From his expression, you could guess that he tried hard to control his emotion. "But I...I couldn't forget that scene. It was my nightmare destroying my life. The last two years I had been waking up in sweat because I saw the same nightmare every night. My moth...She and that bastard. My father's shouts, the disappointment and betrayal in his voice. And his...death." He confessed as a few drops of tears ran down his cheeks. He cleared his throat, trying to pull himself together and wiped his tears with the back of his hand.

"I know what that bas....Michael has done, but Andrea had nothing to do with it. She was so innocent. And she is innocent now as well." My mother said firmly.

"I know and...I love her so much." He confessed honestly. "Please, let me make her happy. I ask your forgiveness too. I am sorry what I have done to your daughter, my Andrea." He added, giving her an apologetic look.