The reaper in black

How was this possible? I was in love with the same creature that would take me away from this world. I frowned at this but then made something that I would spend as much mortal time as I could with the creature that would out live me. I promise you my shinigami love. I will make the most of our relationship. Ithrul perched himself upon my shoulder as my lovers light disappeared in the distance. I turned and walked back into my home. Sitting in the parlor, by the fire with a book in my hand. Father had a very strange collection and this one was about shinigami loves. I read the book for hours it seemed, it was a sound from upstairs drew me from the book. I closed it and walked up the stairs thinking it was only Savian knocking into something but I could always be wrong.

Just in case I grabbed one of the only weapons I could use. Father kept a pistol just in case and I had grabbed it. Father had taught me how to use it in case anything were to happen though we knew it was not very lady like to use it. I followed the sounds to the room next to mine and then I looked to see the door ajar slightly. Inside rummaging could be heard and panic clearly was beginning to set in. Why would someone be here? I pushed the door slightly open relieving a well dress man who eyes hit me harder than the bullet could.

Yellow eyes. Glasses and a scowl. Claude was there holding a watch in his hand, my fathers watch. I mustered up any courage I could to scream at him. "What are you doing here!"

He simply cleaned his glasses and looked back at me with not emotion. "Pardon me Miss. But my master requires this watch. He was quite unhappy when he saw it gone from the haberdashery so I am simply taking to him."

"A watch? Bought for a father, from a a daughter. A message engraved on the back claiming how much she loved him. The last gift she ever bought for her father, something she now holds dear? Like the gloves she bought for her mother? Like the room she had kept in order like it was when her brother figure slept here? The secrets this room kept? This room must keep another now.?" I pointed the gun at him with tears threatening to pour from my face. He looked at the gun then to me with an amused face.

"A little miss like yourself could not use a weapon like that if she had years of practice." He looked on amused as he put the watch him his coat pocket. Then he walked over to me and I fired but missed one purpose trying to scare him. The bullet landed in the wall behind the changing curtains. He still came unfazed by this all. He just pushed me away and I landed against the wall. Dropping the gun as he picked it up. "You really have to make my job harder. I must obey my master. So I will even if it means you will be gone." My eyes widened as he fired the gun at me.

I waited for the bullet to hit me. But it never did, instead of white my vision was filled with silver and black. There was no blood but a bullet hole not that far from my head. I heard the laughter I knew to well and looked up to see Undertaker here so suddenly. His face still held his smile as the demon looked at him with rage.

"Why are you here? Did you not leave minute ago? How are you back so quickly!" Claude screamed in rage. Undertaker simply turned around to look at me in my scared position and turned his back to the demon who was confused as to he was doing so. Carefully as if I was a injured child he held me. Cradling my now trembling body close to him. Claude's yellow eyes pierced me as he jumped away from my lover with a rage before disappearing out of the open window. I assume that where he got in. 

"Tch. The bloody bastard," He said sitting down on the bed me still in his arms. He looked back at me and I saw his bangs were moved. I saw his eyes for the first time. They were perfect if you could get past the odd color for a person but I knew what he was and I had accepted this. The stared at mine and before he could utter another word from his open mouth I shifted and hugged him tightly. Clearly he was confused at first but then held be back. I wanted to cry but I had to be stronger. Gently he rocked me before shifting on the bed so his back rested against the bed frame. He stroked my head, calming me.