The Murderer 6

Okay...this is the the last chapter. Here we go!
--------------------------------------------
Let me explain. So, soon after I had gone back into my house to resume packing, Arthur came in and told me he had a plan.

That was the plan. And it worked.

The knights and Arthur had him tied up with ropes in not time while Merlin helped here and there with his magic. Secretly, of course.

Meanwhile, I plopped down onto the forest floor and began the process of solidifying once again. Be taking deep breaths and telling myself that I would not die. Not today.

"Alanna," Arthur called softly, I looked up. He crouched down on the ground next to me so that he wouldn't be towering over me.

"He acted against you, not against the law. So I don't have the authority to command what should be done. Therefore, only you have to decide what punishment should be deemed upon him.

I thought for a moment. He had killed my family. He had murdered them all and practically ruined my childhood. He stole the happiness I should have had as a child. That I had a right to, as a child. And now I could do to him whatever I wanted. I could ask for him to be punished in the worst way possible for inflicting such suffering on me.

But that wasn't me.

I stood up from the ground.
"Can you all please leave for miniscule second?" I asked the knight, slowly walking towards Joshua.

Now, I knew I didn't have to be scared. I no longer shook with fear. I no longer wanted to hide away from the one person who had managed to intimidate me.

Everybody looked at me funny.

"Are you sure?" Gwaine asked. I nodded firmly, my eyes rooted to Joshua, who now had his hands tied to his back and his head bowed down.

Quietly, all of my friends walked out of earshot, leaving me with the one person I certainly did not want to talk to.

"Why?" I asked.

He looked up. I knew that he understood what I was asking him. I couldn't form proper sentences I was so impatient for answers. Answers to questions I had my whole life. For 18 years.

(A/N: I'm guessing you were too young to have such questions when you were 0-5 years of age, yes?)

Joshua went back to having a staring contest with the ground.

"I used to live near your mother. We were best friends. We learned magic together, we would help each other learn new spells. But, your mother was special. To everybody else, magic was confusing. It was hard to learn. Hard to get used to. You had to concentrate a lot just for a tiny flicker of a flame. But, your mother... Magic just came naturally to her. As if it chose to work easily for her. She became the best student in our whole kingdom, well known for her magic."
I smiled. My mother deserved it, she was the kindest most cheerful person I would ever know.

"At first, I was happy for her. But then, I got jealous. I didn't seem fair to me. We learned magic together, at the same time, at the same age. We always practiced with each other. Why was she so much better? Overtime, we didn't meet each other much. I hardly saw her after my marriage. I had heard rumours that she was compressing magic into an inanimate stick. I thought that was preposterous. That that was impossible even for Lily. But I wanted to find out for myself. I visited her and found out that she had indeed done exactly that. And she even taught her family and her fiancé's family."

I bit my lip. This is where I predict  the ugly will start.

"I was outraged. All I felt was complete hatred toward my friend. Who was she to start this whole new type of sorcery? Who was she to experiment with the raw magic that had been there since the beginning of time? Who was she to think she had the power to start a whole new race of sorcerers? I killed them all.  Every single being whom she had taught wizardry to, in my fury. I was blinded by my hatred. But as I assume you know, she got away. I hunted her down until I found you two five years later. I was absolutely furious when I saw you running away, but I couldn't see you. I guessed it was your mother hiding you."

I sighed. I know the rest of the story. I realised I didn't have any more questions.

Except for one.

"Your family... How long has it been since you last saw them?" I asked.
His lip quivered and his eyes brimmed with tears, still refusing to look at me.

"Since I killed your family. I don't even know if they're alive anymore," he whispered.

When I looked at Joshua, I couldn't see a murderer. I saw a broken man, who was defending his beliefs and had no control over his anger and actions.
I saw a man who was also suffering just like me, he hadn't seen his family for the same amount of time as I had.

But, whereas I could only meet my family after I die, he had a chance. To live a happy life once again.

His actions could never be erased. But it could be forgiven. I would never be able to forget, but I will always remember his repentance and the raw guilt he held in his voice when he told me why.

And I understood.

"Arthur? Please, just let him go home."

-------------------------------

I am going to leave the ending of the story to your imaginative minds. How will they react? That's all up to what you want.

I hope you liked this miniscule story!