Preface

I'll be sharing the songs 🎶 that have given me inspiration ‼️✨ for every chapter 📖📝 , because I'm hoping it'll help you better connect with the story ☃️

So even though I didn't actually need inspiration 🤷🏻‍♀️🙅🏻‍♀️ for this preface, here are some songs 😌💕 that sum up how I feel about my experiences 🥺🤭, which have in turn resulted in the genesis of this book 🤙🏻😸🤜🏻👻

dancing with your ghost - sasha sloan

don't let me down - conor maynard

thank you for the broken heart - j rice

lose you to love me - selena gomez

sorry would go a long way - tori kelly

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dearest you,

Hello there :) Thank you for stopping by and sparing 5 minutes of your precious time to give this book a second look, it means the world to me.

I've wanted to write a Wattpad book since forever; I grew up reading lots of k-pop fanfiction, and that's how I first stumbled upon Wattpad. I remember writing some Jungkook (BTS) fanfiction on AsianFanfics when I was 15, but I stopped after a while (for some reason I can't quite remember). I started quite a few titles of my own prior to that too; stories that I began in the heat of the moment but never really followed through. When I look back, I cringe at the pieces written, of which include titles like 'Worse than a Love Triangle' (I have no idea what I was thinking).

Writing and going on adventures into the depths of my own fantasy world have been things I've always denied myself the permission to, simply because it isn't usually something people around me would encourage. I live in a very pragmatic corner of the world, and so since young I have been told to focus on the 'real things'; arts, music and all that jazz simply wasn't very practical. Nonetheless, I was super privileged to have been given the opportunity to pick up piano at the tender age of 4 and pursue some of my other musical interests (guitar, singing & dancing) along the way.

Being a very shy kid, I never really admitted, not even to myself that I've always had a thing for music and arts, and it wasn't till secondary school that I began to venture out a bit more - doing song covers and getting a guitar. Still, I was really 'low-key' about it and my main priority was still my academic studies, because I had envisioned myself as a medical graduate, just like my dad. Things only starting taking a turn when I started attending junior college; the experiences I had started shaping me a lot as a person and I found my perspective and take on things change, sometimes too drastically.

So, this book is a put-together of some of the most precious experiences I've had with life, and with God. Definitely, there are parts of the book that haven't been inspired by real life events but instead are just figments of my imagination. I have to admit that it was a little scary initially to include elements of my real life experiences because it made me feel like all the ugly bits and pieces of me were no longer private. Yet, I love seeing all these experiences being tied together to form a piece of art for me to share with the world. More than anything else, I hope this book will serve to encourage you in some way or another.

If you're still here with me, I'd just like to thank you again because I'm really grateful for the support c': I hope this book will be a journey worth embarking on for you, and in whatever that you do, I pray for the abundance of blessings. May peace, joy, hope, love and laughter fill your days! God bless :)

P.S. A website that really really ties in with this book is cabbi.bo/light/ I can't seem to add a link here but if you key that in I think you'll be able to access it!

Sincerely,

See Neng ☺️💖🌸