Chapter 23

We get to some building, and Sierra drives in. It looks like a huge parking lot, with 3 stories of parking lots. "Okay, so we'll park here so we can walk around and go to different stores without worrying about parking and stuff like that." She informs me. She parks on the second level, and we get out. We walk to a little room that has a bunch of elevators, and Sierra pays for parking while we wait for the elevator to open.

It opens a minute later, and we walk in. "So it's Sam's birthday tomorrow, huh?" She says, glancing at me with a little smile. "Yes it is. I almost forgot about it actually." I say, with a soft chuckle. "Well, lucky enough we're going to stores!"

The doors open, and we are outside walking, looking for a store to go to. "Okay, first thing to do is find your boyfriend a present, then we shop for us." she says. My stomach flutters at the word boyfriend. I haven't gotten used to that term. Since we started dating, he's been the only thing on my mind lately. Each day that passes by I love him even more. His unexpected kisses, and sweet comments are the best. He always knows the right thing to say at the right time. "Hello? Marlene! You're not even listening!" Sierra waves her hand in front of my face, interrupting my thoughts. "Sorry. What were you saying?"
"I said, what does Sam like to wear, or what does he like in general?" "Well...." I start to say. "What are you thinking of getting him?"

"Well. I'm not going to get him clothes because that's lame," I start to say, and she laughs. "I was thinking of a nice watch? And he likes The Weekend, so their cd's? It's simple I guess, but not lame." I say. "Yeah, that's a cute little gift. Apart from other things..?" She smirks. "Oh my goodness, Sierra." I say, hiding my face. She just laughs, and walks out the little room. It takes a while to find the place, but we eventually get there. We enter Guess first, and look at their watches. Sam has always talked about how he wants a "really cool grey watch" as he says, and there are some that look similar to the ones he looks for on the internet. "This one looks like one he's been looking for." I say pointing at a grey watch. It's a shiny grey, silver like, watch with the three little ones on the inside, and three twisty things on the side. (I don't know how to explain the watch! Haha..) "It looks really nice." She says. "And expensive." I mumble. She laughs, and calls over a worker.

"Hi guys, I'm Josue, what can I help you with?" He asks. "Uh, yeah, We want to buy this watch." I say, pointing at the watch. "Okay. For which one of you?" He says, smiling, trying to make a joke out of this, but fails miserably. "Actually, it's for my boyfriend." I say, looking at Sierra. She giggles, and continues looking at the boy unlocking the window door, taking the watch out. "Oh, I see. He's a lucky lad." He says. I hear a slight accent in his voice. British? I don't know. He hands me the watch, and I thank him, before walking to the register and pay. "Is this it for you today?" The short lady asks, as she scans the item. "Okay, your total is $150.75." She says. I hand her my card, and she swipes it. I ask for a gift bag, so she puts it in a black gift bag, with grey tissue paper, with the guess logo all over it. I grab the bag, and walk out the store. "Damn. Sam better like the gift." I say. Sierra laughs, and we walk to a best buy. We walk to the cd's section, and look for the albums. He listens to The Weeknd on an app, because he doesn't have the cd's, so I grab all the ablums, and find a different cd, with all of the singles in it. We walk to the register, and the old lady scans the cds. "$36.56." She says. I give her the cedit card, and she rolls her eyes and snatches it out of my hands. I look at Sierra with wide eyes, and she shrugs. She gives me the recipt with my card, and I grab the bag, and walk out. "She was rude." I say. "Yeah. Okay, so what now?" She asks. "I guess we can just walk around now, I got all I was going to get for him." She nods, and starts walking. We walk for a while, laughing, and joking around, until we get to Forever 21. "We need a limit on how much we spend here before we buy the hole store." Sierra says, giggling. "Okay. How much?" I ask. We stand there, thinking until she speaks up. "Aw fuck it. Let's just buy whatever." She squeals, and runs in the store.

I laugh to myself, and walk in. I go to the sweaters, and pick out red, white, and grey knit sweaters. Then I go to the jeans aisle, and pick out a pair of white skinny jeans, and another maroon colored pair. I see Sierra with her arms full of clothes already. We spend a good 2 hours in here, picking, and trying on clothes. We leave with two full bags each. "That was crazy. We only spent $200! That's good, right?" She asks. I shrug and laugh. We walk to Victora Secret, and walk in. "Pink is connected to here as well, so we'll go there too." She says. I nod, and walk around, looking at the undergarments, and sweat pants. I pick out a black lace bra and under wear set. I pick out this red over sized v-neck pj shirt, and grey shorts. I walk around, looking for Sierra, and she is still looking, so I go by the body sprays and lotion, and pick out a set. "Ready?" Sierra asks, walking up behind me. I nod, and we walk to the register and pay.

______________

It is now 8:30, and we are walking towards the car, with our arms covered with shopping bags. "You can say we have a bit of an obbession." Sierra says, entering the elevator. "Today was so fun." I say, and she agrees. We get off the elevator, and walk to the car. We put the bags in the back, making sure they don't get mixed up, before jumping in the front seats, and driving off. "Okay so we went to, 5 stores in total?" I ask. "Yes. It was Forever 21, Victoria Secret, Pink, Pacsun, Zumiez, not including the first two stores which were Guess and Best Buy." She informs. I nod, and continue to talk until we reach the parking lot of the apartment.