Chapter 12

‘’So, you didn’t get into too much of trouble?’’ asked Austin. ‘’I saw your mom’s car in the front.’’ Austin was sitting on the couch in my living room. He was feeling like he was at home. His feet were on the coffee table.

‘’Oh, um,’’ I said. ‘’Not really. She was just happy I was okay. Why didn’t you tell me she was home?’’ I was sitting on the couch, too. And my feet were on the table, too. I really wanted to lay down but Austin was on the way and he wouldn’t go to sit into the armchair. He said that if I wanted, I could have laid down and put my legs onto his lap but I didn’t want, although now I was considering it.

‘’I don’t know,’’ he smirked.

‘’You hoped I’d get into so much trouble?’’

‘’Maybe,’’ he said, still smirking.

‘’Ugh.’’ We were watching something on the TV. I don’t know what and I really didn’t care either. I wasn’t concentrating. I was pretty much asleep, but still awake. I hope you understand what I’m talking about. I had my eyes open and heard the voices around me, but my brain was asleep. I don’t know how to describe it. I guess you could probably say I was meditating. Austin was watching the TV, I think. At least he was watching at the TV.

‘’Hey,’’ said Austin, waking me up, or bringing me out of my thoughts, although I really wasn’t thinking anything. ‘’You got any good movies? Like, some horror movies?’’ he said smirking. When he said that I got an amazing idea how to entertain me.

‘’Yes, but please! Let’s not watch horror movies,’’ I whined but actually I really wanted to watch some horror movies. I was just having fun. I had no idea why I hadn’t come up with the idea.

‘’Oh, please, don’t say you’re afraid of horror movies,’’ he said smirking. Ugh, I hated that smirk but I so wanted to see his face when he saw I was just messing with him. That was what kept me from literally wiping that smirk out of his face. But hey, I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure he was the one who said I should live little and have fun. I just stared him, trying so hard not to laugh. ‘’We’re still watching. I’m already looking forward for the cuddling, or whatever. Show me what you got.’’ I showed him where the DVDs were. He picked out Annabelle. Nice taste, I thought.

It was actually pretty scary and creepy. I mean, that doll… Oh God, it’s creepy as hell. And scary. But I still liked the movie although I had seen it only once. I hated dolls. I always had. I don’t even know why I wasn’t scared when watching the movie. There was nothing creepier and scarier than dolls. And I mean it. Nothing. But I wasn’t scared. I was actually starting to laugh already at the beginning. I found pretty much all the horror movies funny. I don’t even know how it’s possible, but I did. I was laughing so hard that I didn’t even have the time to see Austin’s face, until he paused the movie.

‘’Why the hell are you laughing? I thought you were scared of horror movies,’’ he said. Oh, his face was worth million dollars. Oh God, I was laughing my head off. It was hilarious. ‘’You tricked me,’’ he realized. Did it really take that much of time to realize I tricked you? I thought. ‘’You, tricked me!’’ Okay, he was getting really mad. ‘’You freaking tricked me! How could you that to me? Why?’’ That was a good thing that he wasn’t smirking… But now he kind of scared the crap out of me. I didn’t like him without the famous Austin Newman smirk. I didn’t like him with the smirk either. I guess I didn’t like him at all.