Chapter 19

Normally my birthday was a day I just went out with my friends to get dinner and drink. Except for my twenty-first, some of my friends and I went to Vegas for that one.

I quickly learned that Archie loved birthdays.

I knew that he had so many birthday surprises planned for me but I think the trip he had planned for me was the biggest one. He refused to tell me where we were going but he did send me the weather so I knew what to pack. I was tempted to see what places had this weather but he seemed so excited to surprise me and I didn't want to take that away from him.

Archie put his arms around my waist as I applied my lipstick, "You're so fucking gorgeous, Lainey."

I put the tube down and put my hand on his cheek, "Oh stop it."

"Trust me, that dress is making me go crazy." he started to kiss my neck before I gently pushed his head away

"We both know you get carried away easily." I reminded him, "Later."

"Did we ever decide on a Christmas resolution?" I asked Archie

He nodded, "Celebrate together on the twenty-first, you fly to America on the twenty-third, we celebrate Christmas with our families, and I'm flying to America on the twenty-eighth. We just haven't decided where to spend the new year."

"Maybe our families should meet." I suggested somewhat sheepishly, "As much as I just wanna fly somewhere and be alone with you, I think this is important."

"You're right. I'll talk to them." he rubbed my shoulders, "But these next few days are all about you."

Archie kissed my cheek, "I know you still have a few more days until it is your birthday, but I hope your twenty-third year of life is the best one yet."

I turned around and faced him, "It already is because of you."

"I'm hard." Archie looked me in the eyes

I grabbed my buzzing phone, "Sounds like a personal problem. The limo is fifteen minutes away and everyone is already in there."

"Can you help me take care of this boner?" Archie put his hands on my hips

I bit my lip, "Take care of it yourself."

"Well, it is your fault it's there in the first place." Archie pulled me closer to him, "Fifteen is more than enough."

I just stared into his eyes. It was kinda fun seeing him so desperate.

"Do you know how beautiful you are? It's truly distracting." he whispered in my ear before kissing my neck. He absolutely knew it was my weakness.

"Shut up and take your pants off, I expect you to repay the favor later." I gave in

"Of course princess." he smirked

I hate him, I hate him, I hate him.
He knew me too well.

We somehow made it to the limo without anyone *hopefully* suspecting a thing. I finally got to meet Archie's best friends Christian and Leo, plus his favorite cousin George. They were all so much fun and expressed how happy they were to see Archie so happy.

Sydney, Emma, and Romona also came with their plus ones.

We just had a good time in the club and to make it even more special, it was the club that we'd met in.

I remembered like it was yesterday how it felt to see Archie from across the room and be instantly attracted to him. Plus I practically grinded on him the whole night.

Archie picked up the Amaryllis that was on the table and put it in my hair, "You're the best friend and lover a partner could ask for."

I knew that he was a little drunk because I was drunk. It was hard to deny free shots. But I also knew that Archie was a man of his word no matter what state he was in.