December 20, 2019

Start from the beginning

Bye Bish😈
don't worry bb
but @ Hubba Hubba🏋🏼‍♂️ if we aren't in that car in ten minutes we'll have to do ANOTHER pre workout
just saying

~•~

"Where are we going?" Lachlan asks as they usher into the car. Byron grins, reaching for his hand and winking. Lachlan pouts. "Don't tell me it's a surprise. I want to know."

"You'll know in half an hour, angel." Byron pulls him into the car as Sol slides behind the wheel and Alex takes the passenger seat. Lachlan's pout doesn't disappear the entire drive, and Byron can't tear his gaze away, wanting to do nothing more than kiss him.

When they pull up outside the ice-skating rink, Byron grins. Lachlan's eyes widen and for a second something passes behind his gaze. It's gone before Byron can identify it and the four of them exit the car.

"Surprise," Alex says with a smile, reaching for Lachlan's hand. "Have you ever been ice-skating?" Lachlan's jaw drops as he goes to respond, but Alex talks over the top of him. "The three of us have been coming for years, but we're mediocre at best. We're confident enough to help you, though."

"O-Oh." Lachlan bites his lip, titling his head as he follows Alex inside the building. "That... I mean, I'm not, um—"

"You haven't skated before?" Byron finds himself grabbing Lachlan's other hand as Sol approaches the counter to pay for them. Lachlan purses his lips, brow furrowing for a second before his face clears and he squeezes Byron's hand.

"Never."

~•~

Alex & Byron
12:46PM

Kink😈
if u don't get sol the fluorescent purple skates then i'm dumping u

Fetish🏋🏼‍♂️
If I do get them then he'll dump me?

Kink😈
huh
guess you better pick ur battle babe x

~•~

"I can't believe you," Sol grumbles, tying up the fluorescent skates. His face pinches as he stares at them, shifting his leg this way and that to see if they look better from any other angle. They don't.

"They match my hair!" Bryon exclaims, tugging his own white skates on and shaking his hair against Sol's face as he stands. Sol swats him, and Byron dodges away with a laugh. "Come on, let's go. Angel, are you okay?"

Sol follows Byron's gaze to where Lachlan grips Alex's hand, standing on shaky legs. He sits down again, brow furrowed as his grip whitens around Alex's. For a second Sol worries that maybe this was a bad idea, but then Lachlan offers a tight-lipped smile to Byron, nods and stands again, albeit still shaky.

Byron chuckles, stepping onto the ice to start a warm-up lap. Sol watches impressed by how quickly Bryon adapts to the ice beneath his feet – even if he is cocky about it. He only watches Byron for a couple seconds longer before his attention returns to Alex, who helps Lachlan unsteadily towards the open gate.

"You good?" Sol asks, joining them and resting his hand on the small of Lachlan's back as the three of them step onto the ice. Lachlan squeezes Alex's hands, nodding but not speaking. "Baby, we can go to the arcade—"

"No, I'm okay," Lachlan says as Alex slowly pulls him along the ice. Lachlan moves his feet in rhythm with Alex's and Sol stays close by in case either of them slip.

None of them are expert skaters, but they come to the rink a couple of times a year and slowly it's started to add up. Sol can feel the familiarity beneath his feet and knows that when he glides with care and confidence he won't fall.