Chapter 34

Charles' POV

I saw the rogue bite down on her leg. I threw the wolf that was on me to the ground and bit down on its side, ripping a chunk out of its abdomen. I left it there to die and ran over to Rayna who was being attacked by another wolf. I ripped it off of her and  ripped its neck out with my teeth. I shifted back I to my human form once I made sure there were no more rogues left. Rayna's hind leg was messed up really bad. She was loosing a lot of blood and was being unresponsive.

Orion! I yelled through the mind link.

What's up? Is something wrong?

Its Rayna. We came to a field by the south border to help her with her powers and we were attacked. Her leg is messed up and she's losing a ton of blood. I rushed out. I looked back over to her to see her trying to shift back. He howled in pain with every failed attempt.

Shit. Orion cursed. I'll send Ace, Olivia and doctor Jenny to help her.

Thanks man. Tell Olivia to bring clothes for her. Hers shredded up when she shifted. I explained.

Is she in her human form now? He asked, rather possesively might I add.

Shes in her wolf form right now. Don't worry about it. Also, tell them to bring clothes for me too.

Yup. I'm on it.

I shut the link off and grabbed a piece of cloth that was laying on the ground from our shredded clothes. I wrapped it tightly around Rayna's leg to hopefully stop some of the bleeding and keep her leg together. She hissed and snapped at my arms.

"Easy." I pulled my hands away. "It's okay. You'll be fine soon." I said calmly. "We're probably going to have to wait for about an hour. Help is coming."

*

Rayna's POV

I had to wait for an hour and a half. One and a half hours of unbearable pain. Finally, doctor Jenny, Ace, and Olivia arrived in what looked like an ambulance. They got out and rushed over to me.

"Rayna!" Olivia gasped when she saw me. She dropped a bag she had in her hand next to me.

"I'm going to need her to shift back so I can look at her leg without all her fur getting in the way." She said while opening a box on the ground and taking out some first aid items. "Olivia, will you help her get dressed?" Olivia nodded.

"Shift back hun." She said and I gave everyone else a look to turn around. They caught on.

I started to shift and grinded my teeth together as the pain increased with every bone that cracked and put itself back together. After what felt like an eternity, I was fully shifted back into my human form. Olivia pulled out clothes from the bag. She put on my undergarments first, careful to not touch my leg. Then she pulled out a large tee shirt and some shorts. I sat up so she could put on the shirt. She put it on but it smelled familiar.

"Whos shirt is this?" I asked. She only gave me a grin. I glared at her, knowing her answer. "You're starting to get on my damn nerves." I mumbled.

"We're done." I called and hissed as a blade of grass dug into the wound -more like wounds-.

They turned around and Doctor Jenny kneeled down beside me and grabbed a needle that was full of liquid. My eyes widened at it. I was always afraid of needles.

"Its fine." She assured. "It's going to numb your leg and temporarily paralyze it." I nodded and she inserted the needle into my leg. It hurt like crazy at first but once the drug settled in, it stopped. I all if a sudden started feeling light headed and black spots clouded my vision.

"What I didn't tell her is that it'll put her to sleep for a while." My eyes widened.

"I don't want to go to sleep." I said weakly.

"Its best if you do. You probably would want to see anything of what I'm going to do." That's the last thing I heard before I fell back, someone catching my head before I passed out.

*

I woke up on a bed. It was pretty hard if I say so myself. My head was still spinning as the drug wore off.

"You're up." Someone pointed out. I looked around to find Ace and Olivia standing next to the bed. I was strapped down onto the bed.

"That's so you don't fall off the bed." Ace said, answering my unasked question. "We're driving back right now and it's a little bumpy." Just as he said that, we ran over a huge bump and my head rose and landed pretty hard back onto the bed. I groaned.

"Easy doc. She's awake." Olivia yelled. "You'd think since shes a doctor, she would know how to drive with a patient." She said.

"Don't question me Olivia. I'm the reason shes not on the ground in that field bleeding out." She yelled and I flinched at her tone.

"Don't say that! Shes awake and can hear you." Ace yelled. I ignored their bickering and lifted my head so I could see my leg. It was covered in a bandage from my knee, all the way to my ankle. I could see small patches of crimson seeping through the bandage.

"How long has it been?" I spoke for the first time.

"Not long. About 2 hours." Ace said.

"Oh." Was my only response. "Wheres Charles?"

"Up front with doctor Jenny." Olivia chimed in.

Ace looked down at my leg and frowned. "Your bandages need changing." He said, walking over to a rack that had medical supplies on it. He grabbed a roll of bandages and brought it over to the bed. He unwrapped the straps that were securing me and started undoing the bloody bandages very carefully. I hissed as the last of the bandage got stuck. He got it off thankfully. I got a glimpse of my leg. It was all purple and filled with stitches and teeth marks everywhere. I grimaced and Olivia put her hand on my shoulder.

"Your bone is very shattered. Lucky for you, you're a werewolf so it'll heal in about a week." Ace said. "But before doc can put a cast on your leg, your wounds have to heal first. But again, you're a werewolf so those will heal by the end of the day." I nodded, taking all the information in.
______________________________________

Different hit ten thousand views! If anyone remembers, that was my goal and I met it. Next up, 100k views.

I'm going christmas shopping today with my family but I'm not sure what to get the little ones. They're not that little. They're ten and four. Although theres this one toy my little sister wants so I might get her that.

Anyways I'll see y'all in the next chapter.