Epilogue

**Theo**

''It's been three days now, why is she not waking up Charles!!'' I yell at my beta.

''Theo man chill, she'll wake up.''

I sigh in frustration and push my hair back as I look out of the hospital window. The war ended three days ago. Sebastian is now dead and buried six feet under somewhere in the forest, so is that witch Celeste. Her sister Selene disappeared in a cloud of smoke and every attempt to track her down has been futile.

Yesterday was arguably the saddest day ever. We conducted Aiden, Christopher and Benjamin's funeral as well as all the other fallen warriors. I still remember the look on my mother's face when she saw me carrying Aiden's body; it was like the very ground beneath her gave away. She wailed at the loss of her son, Nadia too lost the light in her eyes from her twin dying.

As for me, I try to be strong for the sake of my family but at night when I'm alone I sit by Athena's bed in the hospital and let out all my grief and pain.

''Wake up love, I need you, '' I whisper while placing a kiss on her forehead and walk out.

''Hey Theo, any changes in her condition?'' Ethan walks up to me. He looks exhausted as I eye his disheveled hair and eye bags. 

''Nothing yet, she is still comatose.''

''How is Victoria holding up?'' I ask him. 

''Not good man, she isn't talking to any one, she isn't eating; she's locked herself up in their bedroom since after the funeral yesterday. I can't imagine what she is going through man. I mean losing a mate is hard, I just hope she can come out of it with a sane mind.''

''I hope so too Ethan, '' I reply and pat his back. I leave the hospital and walk outside in the open. 

I take in a deep breath when someone walks up to me.

''Hey,'' She whispers and I turn to look at my sister. ''Nadia hey, how are you holding up?'' and immediately regret asking her that when she breaks down and hugs me tight.

''It hurts Theo, it really does, it's like a part of me is gone and I don't know what to do. I feel like there is hole in my chest, he was my twin brother and now I'm all alone,'' she wails.

''Heyy.... heyy...Nadia, sweetie look at me. You're not alone, you have me and Athena, you have Axel too. We are all there for you and we will always be there for you. Right now you're grieving so let it all out okay? don't leave anything in; we will all give you your space but sooner or later you will have to accept that Aiden is gone and he isn't coming back. That will then be your first step to moving on.''

I hug her tightly one last time as I spy Axel watching us from a distance. He walks up to me and I hand over Nadia to him, ''Take her home man.''

I'm now sitted in Athena's room in the hospital with my head between my hands when I sense movement on the bed. I look up to see her fingers twitching. ''Oh my god, Devin!! Devin!! She is waking up!''

Devin immediately rushes inside with a nurse on his tow. Charles and Ethan following closely.

''Is she awake? Is she? '' Charles asks.

''I saw her finger twitch,'' I reply in excitement.

Devin and the nurse check on her and look at her reports simultaneously. ''looks like she is regaining her consciousness, let's give it a few minutes; she will wake soon.''

For the first time in three days my heart fills with happiness. She is waking up; soon she will be in my arms.

We are gathered in the room and are soon joined by Mila, Hazel, Noah and Cathy who seem to be more excited than I was for Athena to wake up, when we hear a loud gasp and she abruptly sits up.

''Where am I?'' She asks as she scans the room looking at everyone. Her eyes land on me but quickly move away as she stops and stares at Ethan and a smile makes its way on her beautiful face.

''Ethan,'' she whispers as her voice cracks from her throat being dry.

Someone hands me a glass of water and I quickly walk up to hand it to her, ''here love; have some water.''

She squints her eyes then looks at the glass of water with suspicion and then at me. What she said next made the glass slip out of my hand causing it to crash on the floor.

''I'm sorry but do I know you?''

''Athena, love, it's me, Theo,'' I reply and try to take her hand in mine but she backs away from me.

''I don't know any Theo, who are all these people Ethan? And where am I?'' she shouts and runs to her brother.

''Ena hey, hey calm down, you're home; this is your home.''

''This is not my home. My home is in Toronto, what is this place? Who are they?'' She asks pointing to all of us then turns to look up at him but he doesn't reply.

''Ethan where is dad, I want dad; take me to him, I don't want to stay here!!!''

''Ena calm down, take deep breathes okay....in...out,'' Ethan says trying to make her relax. ''I'll take you home Athena, let's go,'' and they start walking out the door.

He can't just take her away like that, she is my mate for crying out loud.

''Ethan, wait!'' I walk up to the brother sister duo.

''Love, you need to calm down okay, let's get you back to bed,'' I try to pull her by the arm but she swats my hand away and clings to Ethan.

''Do not call me that! And stay away from me!!'' She yells and walks out the room with Ethan in her tow.

**THE END**

***

Cliffhanger!!!!

what do you guys think of the epilogue?

Thoughts in the comment section. 

Please don't hate on me for this. ;)

Seriously though....this is the end.

-Jessica.S