Chapter 1

Kakao walked into the kitchen early in the morning. The sound of pots clinking had awoken him from his slumber. He was still in cat form as he was still rather drowsy and didn't want to use up much energy yet.

He saw Shokora diligently mixing a bowl of chocolate and tasting it while making a frustrated face. He found it really amusing...but his smirk soon faded as he remembered what that would mean.

"When you succeed in making the perfect chocolate in the world, ...I will eat your soul"

The contract between him and Shokora rung through his mind, knowing that if Shokora succeeded...then he would have to...

"Shokora, you're up early?" Kakao naturally asked her as he transformed into his human form and walked up to her until he was peering over her shoulder - Glancing down at the bowl she was stirring. "Of course, unlike you lazy cat, I have a lot of work to do. I need to prepare for our customers today and when else can work on my chocolate recipe?"

As Shokora said that, her face was that of determination and the same intensity that sparked in them like the very first time they had met amd striked the contract.

Kakao marveled at her for a split second before he snapped out of it and walked away. "Whatever you say....your chocolate is still far off from perfect you know.." He nonchalantly commented as he walked out into the garden patio. Kakao didn't mean what he remarked earlier. It was a given...that Shokora's chocolate was nearing perfection. Even though one could never really tell perfection but her dedication and progress was nothing to be looked down on. Kakao knew that Shokora was getting closer and closer to the end of their contract and he couldn't tell if she was purposely wanting to die so soon or if she just really wanted fulfill her dad's wishes.

But by any means, Kakao began to feel anxious at the thought. They had been together for about ten years already. Kakao himself had not been in the dark realm for who knows how long. He wasn't ready to leave this comfortable life. The life of a lazy cat that could eat all the delicious chocolate he likes. The life of never going hungry as Shokora's collection of payments is more than enough to fill him. The life he had built with...Shokora.

For sure, he didn't want to repeat what had happened with Shirayuki. It was already far too painful the first time...so why feel things now? Why would he feel a strong connection to a human? He could have taken her soul at any given Time and say that she had done it. Yet...he wanted to spend more time with her, telling himself that she was interesting and could teach him more about humans. Yet, he found himself staying longer than he had expected, longer than what was necessary.  And he didn't want it to end.

A/N: Do know that all these characters do not belong to me! They are all Rino Mizuho's! Only the story is mine. BTW, all Information used in this story are based of off real facts from the series, and fan book. Thanks for reading too!

Aight, imma head out.