𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

EDITED; 🔴

ava's pov
825 words
sorry this is short but this scene does not need much written for it

"fascinating. what is this... gov..ernment?" rhys questioned skeptically with narrowed eyes as he stared up, with a mixture of fascination and confusement, at the building in front of him.

"woah! it's a giant castle!" noi exclaimed in disbelief, his young eyes sparkling with interest.

"no no no, the government is a big organisation that deals with politics and taking people's money while not actually doing anything with it," i quickly corrected with partial facts.

"uhh... money?" leif said, confused.

i giggled. "yup! well i'm going to leave you guys here okay? if you go to that door you can go inside and ask for help, okay, see ya!"

and with that task of getting rid of these guys completely was complete! i thought as i shouldered past the five clueless horned men and wandered down the street, humming to myself as i began to cross the zebra crossing on my way back to my apartment to meet up with nora.

before i could even get halfway across the street a deafening shriek broke the silence of the evening.

"oh fu-"

i instantly turned right back around the way i came from and sprinted back to the entrance of the government's building, right where i left the five demons to potentially sort their issues with the politics.

"now what do you mean we can't go in!" asch barked in anger as he held a police officer with a rather absurd sized moustache in the air by the throat. the more the officer struggled under his powerful grip the more asch tightened his grasp around his neck, choking him more and more.

"your majesty, stop," rhys interfered.

"i-i mean t-that we're closed today a-and we won't be open until monday," the police officer managed to choke out, coughing in the process from the attack. he brought his own hands and tried to pry asch's hands from his neck. "please let me down."

asch began to shake him in rage, his eyes only mere slit's like a snake's. "then this monday better come now!" he took one hand from around his neck and summoned a blazing ball of fire in his palm. "i've dealt with the most annoying ear female and now this!" asch bellowed, sounding and acting as if he were completely insane.

"oh no they're not that freakin' stupid to do that to a cop... they really are from-" i rapidly mumbled to myself as i stared in horror at the sight in front of me.

"asch, we need to stategize." rhys attempted to reason with the daemos prince but the raven black haired demon shook his head frantically at the suggestion.

"no! i want this human dead!" asch spat, his eyes glistening with the rage he'd been containing ever since he arrived in this stage world.

"please it's my first day on the job," the police officer begged.

"wait! stop!" i shouted.

"stay out of this sorcerer!" asch shot daggers into my eyes with his own as he continued to act like a complete maniac.

"listen! if you kill him a hundred more will take his place!" i panicked.

"how can we trust you," asch declared accusingly, his cold stare made me flinch.

"please just do! you guys were right this was a trap! but that's because i didn't believe you guys were from another world or whatever! just please let's j-just g-g-get going before-"

the police officer broke the grip he had on asch's hands and reached into the pocket on his vest and brought out a large radio, almost bigger than his own hands. before he spoke into it the radio made a weird noise and then fell silent as the red light on the top turned an apple green colour.

"officer requesting backup. i'm being attacked," he choked into the device, fear present in his voice.

"you idiots! drop him and follow me!" i exclaimed in panic, quickly turning away and racing down the street to escape the dangerous situation the daemos managed to tangle themselves into like vines. we couldn't stay here if reinforcements arrived. i can't even begin to imagine what the night would turn out like if they were caught.

pierce, noi and leif looked around at each other, not knowing if they should follow or continue to watch asch as he was on the verge of killing an innocent human for not allowing them access to enter the building.

"well?" leif finally spoke up.

"i trust her," pierce announced without hesitation, giving the rest of the group one final glance before he sped off toward me.

noi and leif simultaneously looked over to rhys and asch before following.

asch shook the police officer violently before he flung him through the air and followed everyone else as the officer skidded onto the concrete ground with a thud, rhys quickly doing the same before any reinforcements could arrive on scene.