Fractured Memories Of Another Life

The red in Yoon's cheeks peeked out from beneath my hand, my forehead bumping gently against his as I spoke. "Yoon,"  I could see his eyes grow wide as he heard my voice and I could feel a small shiver pass through his body as he registered the sound of my voice, "I don't mind." It only took a fraction of a moment before Yoon's blush faded from his cheeks, his shocked face replaced by a deadpan expression.

He grabbed my hand and gently removed it from his face and sighed, "Of course you don't. I forgot that's the kind of person you are." Yoon muttered in a frustrated manner, he rolled his eyes and motioned for me to sit down again as to not irritate my injuries. "What a bother." Yoon growls halfheartedly under his breath as he finally retrieves the herbs he needed, he walks over to me and I hand him the mortar and pestle.

I never did get along well with herbal plants and their medicinal properties, that was what Yoon's excelled at and I was proud of him for it. The most I knew was how to properly bandage wounds and treat minor injuries, I know for a fact that anyone with injuries similar to Hak would have perished in my care without assistance from Yoon. However, where Yoon excelled in medicine, I had to excel in combat.

I refused to some useless child who had to watch from the sidelines, I refused to be a burden to Yoon. Every night I went out a good ways past Ik-Soo's area of meditation and trained until my legs gave out, they I would drag myself back home and get some rest. I remember the first time I had defended Yoon, the way he looked at me with such awe, it was moments like that that kept me from giving up.

I had to protect him, he and Ik-Soo were my everything. I couldn't live without them. I wouldn't live without them. My mind snapped back to reality as Yoon spoke, "Why is he so devoted to you? Is he your lover?" Both Yoon and I looked back at the redhead, I was only slightly surprised at her answer. She answered without a second thought, "No, not at all." I could feel the second hand embarrassment for the guy, he had it bad for her. She who was to blind, or rather oblivious, to see his affection for her.

He who was willing to put aside said affection for her happiness, in a way I sort of admired him for it. Yoon looked at me as if to say, 'Is she serious?'  I sighed quietly and nodded at the unspoken question of confirmation. "I see ... I feel bad for him." I nodded in agreement, thankfully it seems that the princess has somewhat forgotten my existence entirely. It didn't really bother me, it confused me in a way that I could sort out through logic.

Yes, she was the incarnation of Hiryuu, but when Mother drank King Hiryuu's blood that changed something in the connection between myself, and Hiryuu's reincarnation. However, the way that Mother described the way that I would feel was different that what I did feel. Mother had said that my wings would burn, almost as if the very blood that ran through my veins was liquid fire and the blood that I did have would rush in the opposite direction.

I would hear the booming voice of the Kuroryuu in my head and I would most likely collapse, but I didn't. Something told me it wasn't just because Mother had drank the blood of King Hiryuu, but I didn't know what it was. I looked towards the doorway and gave a look to Yoon as I walked out into the surrounding forest area. The trees were dancing softly once more, dressed in their emerald clothing, the beautiful green of the plant life littered with gems of a thousand shades and colors sprouting from the ground to grace those willing to look closely enough with their beauty.

They played about in the earthy hues, decorating it with bursts of floral beauty. On the branches reside fruits of all different kinds, plump and ripe for the picking, their colors shining brightly as the sunlight hits them at just the right angle, allowing them to shine with all the colors of the rainbows after light showers and a rainy day. Tree trunks hold delicate fungi that drape across the bark and surrounding soil, the toppled tree trunks gently lay across the soft soil making the ground level rise slightly as nearly none of the beautiful soil could be seen.