Songwriting

Warning: A few curse words

Billie leans on her comfy bed, her eyebrows scrunched together. I sit cross-legged on her floor with a notebook in my hands. We've been trying to write a song for several hours and only have a few lines. Billie sighs and plays a few notes on the piano.

"What do we have again?" she asks.

I scan over the lyrics.

"Everything we have

Isn't enough

Isn't enough"

Billie groans and runs a hand through her hair. I watch as she blows air through her beautiful lips, wanting to kiss them. That's the hard thing about working with your girlfriend. All I want to do is kiss her.

"It's just not right," Billie says. "Fuck."

I nod and Billie shifts on her bed. She grabs her portable keyboard, beginning to play a random song. I listen to it. The music is haunting and chilling. My eyes close and I sway with it. This is how I get my creative juices flowing. Moving. Billie and I have been writing songs together for a long time; she knows what I need to get motivated.

 Billie repeats the song three times and when I open my eyes, I know what to write. 

"Billie," I stand and flump down next to her. "I got it."

I place my pen on the paper and write. Billie watches over my shoulder, her white hair brushing against my cheek. After twenty minutes, I have it all down. Billie grins.

"Read it out loud," she leans back in her bed again.

"Burning...

Burning...

"Rising sea

Burning rainforest

What have we done

What have we done?

"Burning

Yes, burning

"Dark skies

What are we doing

What are we doing

"Rising sea

Burning rainforest

What have we done?

"War

Death

What are we doing

Yes, what are we doing?

"Burning

Yes, burning

Burning our path to hell

"Burning...

Oh...

Burning"

Billie seizes my face and kisses me. Warmth stirs in my chest as her soft lips crash into mine. When we pull away, all I can see is Billie's sweet smile. Her blue eyes sparkle and I love seeing her this happy.

"You're amazing," she kisses me again