12

"I like this happy you" jay smiled passing me another drink

"I like the happy me too jay" I nodded tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I cannot wait to pick up the keys to my apartment tomorrow. It's gonna be so good to finally have a place of my own again" I smiled playing with my lighter. "I'm going for a smoke Ruzek you coming?"

"Yeah why not" he smiled softly at me instantly capturing my heart again.

As we walked outside his mood changed slightly.

"It's really good seeing you again" he smiled as he lit his smoke "I'm really like the hair and wait is that a piercing"

"Uh huh" I laughed "I had my nosed pierced when I was a teen and thought why the hell not" I smiled leaning against the wall. "I changed my style up a bit as well"

"You didn't have to change" he sighed leaning against the wall.

"I know but I needed to so i could start moving on and healing" I whispered.

"I get you" he smiled "what I still can get my head around is that accent of yours"

"You will either get use ta it or it won't be as strong in a couple o months" I laughed "summer asked bout you every day ya know."

"Did she?" He asked smiling.

"Yeah you are like her fave" I laughed.

"Good to know" he whispered. "Come on let's get back they will think we have ditched them"

———

Walking into my new apartment felt amazing everything was so fresh. This was it this was the new start I needed. Placing the tubs of paint on the floor I smiled to myself taking it all in before I started paining summers room.

Just as I finished the first coat the front door opened and an excited 6 year old ran in.

"Mummy Adam picked me up from Uncy hanks and he brought pizza" she squealed.

"You really didn't have to Ruzek but thank you I appreciate it" I smiled leaning against the wall as I watched his eyes move from my face to my body as I was just in a sports bra and a pair of joggers. "Oi eyes up top mr"

"Sorry you just have baby pink paint like everywhere" he laughed putting the pizza down "did you just paint your self or did you actually get some on the walls"

"You cheeky shit" I giggled as I grabbed a slice of pizza. "For that you can stay and help as I've got furniture being delivered soon"

"Babe I was planning on helping anyway" he smirked

Just like that we were back to the old us constantly being flirty.

As the day went on Adam helped me get all the furniture sorted. Well when I say helped I mean he did all the work.  

Grabbing my phone as it started ringing I saw my mum was face timing me.

"Hey mam" I smiled

"Hi darling how you settling in?" She asked.

"Alret all ma furniture is here so at least we will have beds ta sleep on tonight" I smiled.

"Wait is that Adam?" she grinned trying to look behind me.

"Mam please don't do this" I sighed.

"I just want to put a face ta name" she grinned.

"Fine hold on" I mumbled.

"Yo Ruzek get ya butt over here" I shouted through the apartment.

"What's up Middleton" he laughed whilst holding summer upside down.

"If she throws up you are cleaning up" I laughed picking the phone up "my mam wants to speak to you"

"Hi mrs Middleton" he smiled.

"Oh please less of the formalities it's Pam" she smiled "it's nice to finally put a face to the name Adam I've heard so much about you"

"Oh really" he asked looking at me raising his eyebrow.

"I said summer asked bout you every day" I shrugged.

"Oh and you spoke bout him a lot young lady" mum laughed.

"Fuck sake" I mumbled as I felt my face turn bright red. "That's is bye mam"

"Why did you end the call" Adam smirked.

"Cuz she was gonna spill probably everything I spoke to her about and that isn't gonna happen" I shrugged slipping a hoodie on.

"Wait that's my hoodie" Adam laughed as I walked by him.

"Nah mate I believe it's mine na" I grinned

"Nope that's definitely the hoodie I let you wear after you went on that date" he smirked as he put summer down.

"So what if it is" I said biting my lip testing the water.

Well his reaction wasn't what I expected as he just shook his head laughing before walking away.

"I'm gonna go for a quick shower and wash this paint off before everyone else gets here" I said before walking into the bathroom as I hit play on Spotify and the sounds of Eminem's new album blasted.

———
I was just about to walk out of my room when I heard jay and Adam talking

"I'm so glad she's back you know" Adam said.

"Dude why don't you just tell her?" Jay asked.

"You crazy I doubt she even likes me like that you know" he sighed.

Deciding now my was chance I walked out of my room in a fresh pair of joggers and wearing adams hoodie. Walking passed them I grabbed my smokes.

"Isn't that your hoodie?" Jay asked in a hushed tone but I still hear him.

"Yeah it is" Adam said.

"So you was saying" jay laughed.

I was now leaning against my balcony when I heard the door open to see Erin stood there grinning.

"So he spends the whole day here, you still have that god damn hoodie. What's going on" she said

"Absolutely nothing is going on" I laughed taking a drag on my smoke "he picked summer up from hanks brought pizza and helped me sort my apartment out"

"Well I don't think I have seen you smile this much" she said passing me a beer.

"That's cuz I'm happy you dingbat" I laughed.

"Look if you like him just tell him. You both deserve to be happy and seeing how you two are together after you disappearing for a year. It's like nothing has changed" she smiled. "Everyone should have that. A place that makes them happy and I think in your case your place is a person. A person that absolutely adores your daughter and no doubt adores you"