Chapter 32: Just Breathe

Breathe. Just breathe. And don't look down!

That's been my mantra ever since Harry came out of the ensuite.

Only in his boxers.

It takes everything in me to keep my eyes focused on his face. I feel like my eyes physically hurt staying in one spot for so long.

He walks closer to the other end of the bed, his eyes solely on my face with a determined look.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I narrow my eyes at him, realising we asked in unison.

"Like what?" we ask in unison again. Am I being too obvious?

"Could you stop that?" I glare at him.

He opens his mouth to retaliate but I cut him off.

"What were you saying before I opened the door?"

A mischievous smile appears on his face.

"I was saying" he drawls out "that you took so long in the shower that Mari fell asleep already"

I feel a wave of disappointment wash over me. "What?"

He nods and hums "Out like a light, she and Gem"

My feet pull me towards the door. "Well I'm just going to get her. I'll be back" I say over my shoulder.

However I don't get very far before I feel a firm grip on either sides of my waist pulling me backwards.

"What the hell?" I spin around to face him.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Where do you think I'm going?" I counter.

He crosses his arms over his still naked chest and squares his shoulders, towering over me.

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that"

"Stop being ridiculous" I turn around to head for the door again but he's already blocking my path.

How did he move so fast?

"Mia, she's already asleep. You bringing her in here is only going to wake her up" he reasons and then narrows his eyes bringing his face closer to mine "Do you really want to wake her up?"

He has a point. She's not the best person to be around when she wakes up. She gets really cranky and irritated easily and the possibility of her going back to sleep any time soon is slim to none.

He straightens up wearing that damn smirk at my expense, clearly pleased with himself.

"Besides" he starts "I couldn't let you go out there looking like that" his eyes moves up and down my figure shamelessly.

I snap my fingers in front of his eyes "Eyes up here Bucko"

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I look down taking in my sleepwear: boxers covered in smiley face emojis that barely reach my thighs and an oversized Nirvana t-shirt that does nothing to prove the fact that I do have on boxers.

Oh.

To be fair, I had limited time to pack and I thought Mari and I were staying in the guest room. I didn't plan for Harry or anybody to witness my eccentric form of sleepwear except for Mari because she's seen it a thousand times.

Don't judge me! They're comfortable.

"Unless you want to scar my parents, I suggest you keep your tight arse inside this room"

Our eyes widen as a short silence surrounds us.

Now that could have a lot of meanings. Is that what he thinks of me? That I'm uptight and can't relax? That I never laugh at good jokes or can't have a good time?