It's like the cops make their own rules...

Oh god finally. This is the last chapter for the first episode and after that, I am not doing another one like that. Even if you beg (actually I might consider if and that's a pretty big maybe). After this, It's on to the soulmate shit! WOOT! (only took us ten chapters but who the fuck cares, right? goddammit, I'm sorry I made you go through ten chapters of that bullshit, they were probably terrible. I'm so sorry lol)

I'm startled awake by the loud sound of many pairs of footsteps coming up the stairs. I pulled my phone out of my zipped up jacket pocket and could barely make out the fuzzy symbols that my brain finally understands as 8:42 pm. I rub my eyes and sit up from where I had slouched in the chair I had been sitting on right as a bunch of cops burst into the room.

"Excuse me," I said. "But what the fuck are you doing here without a warrant, Detective?" I glared at Lestrade and the glare only got blacker when I saw two of the people behind him. Donovan and Anderson.

"None of your business, freak," Donovan sneered.

"I would definitely say it my fucking business, seeing as how I'm watching after a friend's flat and you just come bursting in without knocking or anything. I don't know about England, but in America, you can lose your badge for that. Right to due process and all."

Donovan had the good sense to shut her mouth, glaring at me. I flipped her off and shrugged at Lestrade's reprimand.

"I'm not verbally assaulting her, Detective," I snapped. "I'm simply telling her to fuck off. I'm jet-lagged as hell and you woke me up. I think I'm entitled to some grouchiness."

It took John and Sherlock far too long to get back to the flat, in my opinion. When Sherlock opened the door, I was pretty sure I could already see the anger in his eyes as he saw Lestrade sitting casually in the armchair facing the door while Donovan, Anderson and a few other police officers were going through Sherlock's possessions, and me with a clearly pissy look on my face.

"I tried to tell them off, Sherlock," I said as he stormed over to Lestrade. "Not many actions you can take without getting arrested for assaulting an officer, otherwise I would have forcibly removed them."

"What are you doing?" Sherlock growled.

"Well, I knew you'd find the case," Lestrade retorted. "I'm not stupid."

'You can't just break into my flat."

"Yeah, without a warrant, I might add," I growled.

"And you can't withhold evidence," Lestrade shot back. "And I didn't break into your flat."

"Well, what do you call this then?" Sherlock demanded.

Lestrade looked around at his officers before looking back to Sherlock innocently, saying, "It's a drugs bust."

"Seriously?!" John demanded. "This guy, a junkie?! Have you met him?!"

Sherlock turned and walked closer to John, biting his lip nervously.

Oh, dear.

"John," Sherlock warned.

"I'm pretty sure you could search this flat all day, you wouldn't find anything you could call recreational," John went on.

"John, you probably want to shut up now," I told him, feeling antsy myself. I hadn't known for sure if Sherlock did drugs but the three nicotine patches had made me wonder and then how Sherlock was acting only confirmed it.

"Yeah, but come on..." Jon trailed off, then his face practically dripped disbelief and disappointment. "No."

"What?" Sherlock asked.