history repeats

"Hold on tight alright?" I ask Jamie and he grabbed onto me "hey wind!" The wind started blowing hard "Take us home" together we flew to Burgess,  to the lake where I called home.

I stepped onto the ice carefully and went towards the cave on the other side of the lake "I'll go to the cave but I'll be back in a bit" Jamie nodded and I went towards the cave, grabbed some photos and went back to him.

While hiding my photos I grabbed the drawing that Jamie had given me earlier "you want to know who he is right?" I ask him and Jamie nodded before we went to sit down on an tree trunk. "He was her brother, her guardian... He did everything to make his sister happy, joking around in any way.. He didn't knew any fear at all and was always there for her.... One day they went ice skating, enjoying their Christmas gifts but Mary came in danger... The ice was to thin and it cracked beneath her.. Her brother reassured her that things would be fine and that they would play an game instead of being scared.. He saved her from the cracks but instead accidently threw himself on it.... He paid the biggest price to save Mary as he fell into the ice cold water just after seeing his sister was alright" I went to the middle of the lake and kneeled down, slightly going over the ice while remembering the event "he died while saving her..."

"That's why I couldn't find anything about him" Jamie said "but if I couldn't find anything, how do you know?" I looked right at him still with my hand slightly touching the ice "because it's me Jamie... I am Jackson Overland, brother of Mary Overland, I saved her from the cracking ice and fell in myself, it's when I became Jack Frost and why I became the guardian of fun.. At least I hope I still am" I looked a bit at the moon for answer but just like in those 300 years of solitude things stayed silent.

Jamie clearly noticed I was upset but also happy.. Happy that I did save my sister all those years ago but upset because I miss her so he decided to come closer but as I was on the middle of the lake where that accident had happened the ice was a lot thinner then around the shore where he was standing before and the ice started cracking below him, shocked of the sound I stood back up while my staff ended up a bit away from me, I had to make sure Jamie got save but for the moment in time I totally forgot about my powers and being immortal...

"It's okay, it's okay, don't look down, just look at me" I tell him while seeing the fear in his eyes of the sudden event. "Jack... I'm scared" Jamie said while the ice cracked further.
"I know, I know but you're gonna be alright" I said while carefully taking some steps closer to him "you're not gonna fall in uh... We're gonna have a little fun instead"
"No we're not" Jamie kind of started panicking while he didn't even tried to move anymore. "Would I trick you?" I ask while still trying to come closer. "Yes you always play tricks!" Jamie answered. "Oh alright, well not.. Not this time, I promise, I promise, you're gonna be... You're gonna be fine, you have to believe in me" I said while never letting him out of my sight as he looked really scared.

"You wanna play an game? We're gonna play hopscotch, it's as easier as one...." Stepping closer to my staff, even acting like I was gonna fall to make him laugh because of the slightly cracking ice beneath me.. "woah!" Jamie laughed which signaled me that I was doing alright so far. "Two... Three!" I slightly jumped towards my staff. "Alright now it's your turn" I say while grabbing my staff without losing him out of my sight. "One... That's it, that's it.. Two.... Three!" On three I got my staff around him and kind of threw him on thicker ice but placing myself on the cracked part..

As I was about to go to him the ice cracked beneath me and it was way to quick for me to react so I fell into the water... Last thing I heard before hitting the water was Jamie yelling my name.. My heart raced as I was in the water, I've hated it ever since the event.... Luckily, as the moon had saved me all those years ago from the same event I kept living this time and with help from the moon again I came back to the surface while coughing "Jack..." Jamie said.

"Stay there Jamie" I said while coughing and I climbed out of the water onto the ice, the wind slightly helping me up and while my clothes completely froze again I went towards him while fixing the crack with my powers without noticing.

"What were you thinking?! You wanted to know how it must have felt for Mary and me?!"
"I'm sorry Jack.. I didn't knew..." Jamie said with tears in his eyes.
"I'm sorry Jamie.. I didn't wanted to scare you I just... I don't care that I died that day because I saved her but ever since I got my memories back I miss her every day and I'll never be able to tell her that I became Jack Frost or the guardian of fun... I just sometimes wish I could talk with her, play with her and just see her again but I know I can't... I only have the presents she left me here at the lake..." I got the pictures out of my pocket but first hugged Jamie to calm him "you okay?"
"Yeah.. Just a bit startled, that's all, thank you Jack... So what are those presents she left you?" Jamie said
"Well for example these pictures"

 So what are those presents she left you?" Jamie said"Well for example these pictures"

"They're beautiful Jack" Jamie said as he looked at them

"She came to the lake every day to talk about her day, as I was invisible for people I became lonely so I would pretend she came for me, which was actually true but I didn't realize at that moment because of the lost memories, I would sit next to her and listen to her stories but like everything those visits came to an end one day and I was left alone again yet I kept living here at the lake" I tell him while looking at the photos "I miss her so much..."
"Of course you do Jack.. She was your sister after all and it sounds like you care a lot about her" Jamie said while he hugged me again and I smiled softly as I hugged him back. "I do indeed... Thanks Jamie.."

All of a sudden we heard an sound coming from the trees "Who's there?!" Jamie yelled while I pointed my staff at the place the sound came from
"Don't worry, it's just me, please Jack put that staff away" an voice sounded
and I put my staff down surprised "what are you doing here..?" I asked