t h i r t y - t w o

---

Hermione peered over at Draco as she clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth, watching the snow fall endlessly. She pressed her lips into a thin line awkwardly before letting out a deep breath, her breath visible up in the cold tower due to the freezing weather. “I, are you going to say anything?” She finally asked, turned her head as she stared at Draco.

A cruel smile stitched itself onto his lips as he turned to face the petite brunette with his hands shoved into his pockets. “I’m actually surprised I had you fooled,” He finally said with a sneer, laughing as he looked out the window at the beautiful scenery. “And I thought you were the smartest witch of our generation; I suppose you don’t live up to the title anymore.” He scowled as he turned back at her, his eyes lost of color and love and only to be replaced by a blank, cold stare. This wasn’t right.

Hermione felt the breezy air brush through her hair and body, making her shiver. She ignored it as she stared at Draco incredulously. “Stop beating around the bush and tell me what’s really going o—“

“I love you, Hermione Granger, I really do . . .” Draco suddenly said, the warmth and care in his voice immediately brought back as he gazed at her lovingly. He took his hand out of his pocket and reached out, caressing her cheek with his hand. “Do you trust me?” He asked as he looked at her with hopeful eyes.

For a moment, Hermione fell for his soft touch and gentle gaze . . . but his loving, gentle words didn’t quite reach her heart. She flinched away from his touch, pushing his hand away. “I’m not that stupid if that’s what you were thinking,”

Draco looked at his hand as he kept it in midair, shocked by her behavior. He composed himself and sighed, stuffing his hand back into his pocket. “I suppose you aren’t as stupid as I thought you were . . . it’s quite a shame, really. This would be so much easier if you were just a little bit smarter—don’t show any tears when I’m done with you, it’ll only make me hate you even more. I hate girls who cry.” He said monotonously, avoiding her stare and looking out the window instead. “If you have a brain, I’m positive you know what happened.”

“No, I want to hear it from you.” Hermione pressed as she stared at him with determination. “Look me in the eye—straight in the eye and tell me that everything you said was false, that you were only lying to me. I’d rather you tell me face to face—don’t be a coward and assume I already know. I know, I just want to hear it from you.”

He inwardly groaned as he rolled his sharp cold eyes. He looked her up and down with a frown, but finally his eyes landed right on hers. “I don’t love you, I never did and I never will.” He said slowly, making sure to emphasize each word as if doing so would help Hermione understand more clearly. “It was all a lie, our love was a lie. I did use you and you used me. However, I used you not to make Parkinson jealous or to get her away from me—but to toy with your feelings. Parkinson and I thought it would be entertaining to see what made the mighty lioness crumble and fall . . . and we did.” He said harshly as he let out a bitter laugh. “Although, I didn’t expect you to tell me your deepest, darkest secrets to me . . . I didn’t expect you to let down your guard and look vulnerable to me. That’s your biggest mistake—you trusted me too fast.”

Hermione listened to him as she blinked a few times, trying to take in everything he said. Her heart cracked with each word he spat. “Everything wasn’t real,” She muttered under her breath as she took a deep breath, her heart hurting with each second. “Was it fun?”