Chapter 6

*This chapter's shit sorry guys but it'll get better promise...

Waking up early the next morning I throw on my practice clothes and head towards the kitchen to pack my lunch and grab breakfast.  Niisan was already there in the kitchen.

“I'm surprised you're up you lazy ass.” Grabbing a banana from the fruit bowl i sit down at the table.

“Yeah i just wanted to tell you that I'm going to be at college for a whole week and i thought you should hear it from me personally then on a note.”

“Ok.” Looking at the time I jump out of my seat and throw on my shoes.

“Have fun at college Niisan i got to go.”

“Ok bye.”

“BYE!” Running out the door I run all the way to Karasuno. When I get there I'm a panting mess walking into the gym I go to the locker room and take my inhaler real quick before rushing back into the gym.

“Y/n you seriously couldn't be on time.” Daichi said.

“Oops. I swear time speeds up when you're running late Daichi. Oh my God i just made a conspiracy theory.”

“Oh yeah and where's your proof?”

“I'm living proof. I hereby declare myself a conspiracy theory.”

“Ok whatever anyway now that we're all here.” Well i feel personally attacked.

“We can now start the practice match are you guys ready?”

“Yes yes yes!” Walking on my side of the court I get in my position as setter even though i'm not the best at this position and get ready to play.

“You guys serve first. Is that alright with you guys?”

“Yep fine with me.”

“Doesn't matter who goes first were going to crush i mean win against them anyway.”

“You are very cold glasses damn.” I mumble. Watching Kageyama go to the serving line he tosses the ball into the air, runs up to the ball and slams it with his palm.

“Thats a nice serve.”

“I got it.” Daichi calls out and cleanly receiving the ball and passes it to me. Putting my arms up i set it to the right where glasses was waiting and he spikes it down giving us the first point of the set.

“What kind of set was that?” Glasses says glaring over.

“I'm not a setter blondie so watch your mouth.”

“Tch.”

“Freckles give us a nice serve!” I call back but unfortunately I must’ve startled him because he serves it straight into the net.

“Sorry Tsukki.”

“So that's your name alright.”

“Don't mind freckles.” After a few points scored back and forth by Tanaka and Daichi, Hinata started getting antsy practically begging Kgeyama to set to him. When Kageyama finally set the ball towards him Tsukki blocked it easily.

“Your jump would be remarkable if you were just a few centimeters taller sadly you're not.” After a few more failed sets the problematic duo started getting frustrated with each other.

“Come on King do it do the toss.” Looking at Tsukki questionably i just say quiet.

“What toss is this not your original toss Kageyama? Why are you still holding back on me?”

“Stop calling me that!”

“I'm sorry to interrupt but were in the middle of a game so chop chop let's go you can figure out your problems later.” I said.

The game went on as normal us scoring a few points and them scoring a few points until something fucking crazy happened. It was Tsukki’s serve - going cleanly over the net- that got received by Tanaka, who passed it along to Kageyama. Then something incredible happened he set the ball to Hinata at inhuman speed and he slammed it down before me or the rest of the team on my side could do anything. To say we were shocked was an understatement.

“Holy fuck what was that?”

“A spike?”

“There it is that freaky king toss we’ll all lose now.”

“Shut up glasses.”

“Anyway how the hell you just spike with your eyes closed and shit? How the hell did you even hit that? And you Kageyama how did you even set that if Hinata’s eyes were closed? Y'all are freaky i don't want to play anymore.” I mumbled.

“Why did you spike with your eyes closed baka?”

“You said to not look at the ball but with my eyes open, I can't help but stare at it so I closed them.”

“Yeah ok but that was one nasty quick holy shit.”

“How do you trust a person so much?”

“Ok anyway now that they’ve evolved let's get back to the practice match.” It's safe to say that we lost not by much though and I even managed to stop the quick a few times yay.

“Well it looks like you are allowed to be a setter on our team congrats. Kiyoko can you grab the stuff please?”

“Daichi is this what you meant when you said they complimented each other?”

“Yeah totally.”

“Totally not.”

“Y/n i will make you run laps around the gym.”

“Sorry cap I'm feeling a little light headed might not want to do that.” Smiling at his glare he threw my way Kiyoko comes back with the box with our jackets in them.

“Ooooo amazing Tsukishima put it on come-on.”

“I'll put it on at home.”

“Yeah ok.”

“Alright let's put the net away.”

“Ok.” After we finished cleaning the gym we all were about to head home until Sensei came flying through the doors.

“Who is that?”

“I don't know.”

“I got us a practice match against Aoba Johsai.”

“You didn't beg on your knees again did you?"

“No I didn't have to this time but I'm really good at it if needed.”

“Ok sensei that is something we all don't need to know.” I mumble. Blushing he gives me a slight glare before starting again.

“But they have one condition Kageyama has to play setter the whole time.”

“Huh are you sure they want Karasuno or just Kageyama?” And out comes the feral second year Tanaka.

“No I don't mind.”

“Suga you sure?”

“Yeah although i would love to play against a powerhouse school like Aoba Johsai i think that this would be a good learning experience for us as a team. So let's accept it.”

“Awe look at you being a good senpai.”

“Daichi get Y/n for me please.”

“Wait Suga i don't deserve this.”

“Now before i murder y/n lets rest up for practice tomorrow and we’ll also come up with our positions for the match you may all leave thank you sensei.”

“Thank you.”

“No problem guys.” After that all the first and second years left while I slowly crept out the gym ad sprinted home hearing someone scream my name in the distance.

Aoba Johsai here we come.