Sage: Parts 13 & 14

Part Thirteen

Thursday, July 29, 2010.

No ulterior motive, no ulterior motive, he chanted in his head. Just part of the performance. A small kiss to prove, without a doubt, to his sister that he and Sage were really involved, and not platonic friends pretending to otherwise.

He lifted his head to search for her answer. Sage's eyes were hooded and a stain of pink colored her cheeks. So beautiful... “Well?” he asked again. Her gaze widened on him and her cherry-red lips parted, and he fought the good fight and lost the battle...and lowered to take those lips.

“Yes,” she sighed out softly just as their mouths touched. She tasted just as good as he remembered. This intoxicating combination of sweetness and innocence and fire-hot vixen. Her tongue promptly darted out to lick him, so he tightened his hold around her waist and his lips on hers and swallowed that sweet tongue into his mouth.

This was where he was supposed to be.  Hugging her to his body, kissing her until they were both mindless, wanting to love her with his whole being.  If only he knew what he felt for her truly was love.  He just didn't know, but the sensation of her mouth moving across his in a dance of unfettered restraint could be as close to the physical action of love as possible. 

His skull began to pound, growing dizzy at the lack of blood flowing to his upper body parts.  Her fingers teased the hairs that curled over his collar, sending shivers down his spine and up again.  They'd stopped moving to the music, but their tongues danced to a different tempo, swirling around each other, locking on, knotting up like they never should be seperated again.  She felt so slight and breakable in his arms.  Her ribs stuck out a bit, and her hipbones protruded into his upper thighs.  Radiation therapy did that to a person.  Sage needed to gain some weight back to pad her angles, but no matter what she looked like, she felt perfect.

His hands skimmed her lower back, slowly pushing further down until he cupped a rounded butt cheek in each palm.  She had plenty of padding back there.  He could squeeze that ass all night.  But it was her breasts, thrusting into his chest, that made him groan.  Imagining the neckline of that tube dress, and how easily he could push it down and free those perfect breasts, filled his mind.  But just as he was beginning to plan a night of seduction and liberating a few key body parts from the restraints of clothing, she moaned and pulled back.  Carey chased after her.

“Carey...” she said. “I think we've proven our point.”

To hide the intense fever that roared through his veins, he grinned wickedly at her and said, “We could always double check.”

Sage groaned at him, and tried to hide the smile playing in the corners of her lips. Her lipstick was smeared, but he didn't care. He did that, and was damn proud of it. Rubbing the pad of his thumb around the outside of her mouth, he said, “You definitely look the part of a woman thoroughly kissed.”

She ran the back of her hand over her mouth and grimaced at the make-up that came off. Plucking a lace-edged scrap of material from between her breasts, she wiped the remainder of her lipstick, and Carey said, “You keep a handkerchief in your bra?”

Tucking the now stained handkerchief back in its secret spot, she smiled, “I always have one handy somewhere. I was raised that way.”

“Interesting,” he murmured, trying to see where the thing disappeared to, but her dress was so tight, and he’d probably loose a hand if he went looking for it. “Under different circumstances, playing ‘Find the Hanky,’ might prove to be a fascinating game. We’ll have to save that for another night.”

Her body stiffened up on him, and he wished he kept his ideas to himself. There would be no game some other night. Just like he was prone to do, he'd gotten carried away.  None of this was real.  Their relationship wasn't real, their lies weren't real, hell, even that kiss wasn't real.  As much as he wished for things to be different, they weren't, and Sage seemed to like it that way.  He never forced his will on a woman, and he wasn't about to start with her.