One Room Part 2 (NSFW)

Part 2 to a 2 part series.

WARNING:

THIS CHAPTER IS NOT SAFE FOR WORK (NSFW).

AS IN THEY DO THE DO.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS IF IT ISN'T TO YOUR TASTE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A warm hand on the back of her head, just above the nape of her neck. It caressed the hairs on her head. Gently... Affectionately... It was similar to the hand on her back, pinning her against the wall in a warm, tender embrace that left Emma barely any room to breathe.

Emma wasn't able to tell what expression she had on her face as he held her against the wall. All she was aware of was that faint voice echoing in her head, repeating the last words that her husband said to her...

"Let's sleep together."

It was like time stood still. She stood there like a living statue, his strong arms still wrapped around her, burying her into his chest. The blush came onto her face before she could even process those words.

And before she knew it...

She pushed him away.

She looked up to his surprised face. He seemed shocked at how roughly she pushed him away, a little bit of puzzlement in those eyes as they stared at her. Emma found herself speechless, her heart still racing a mile an hour.

"I-It's too early to sleep together!" Emma blurted out, her face getting warmer and warmer. Ray stared dumbfoundedly at her as she continued on. "I mean... We've been staying in separate rooms this whole time, and to suddenly say you want to- to do that..." Emma looked down, her voice trailing off.

Ray was still trying to make sense of the words coming out of her mouth. "What is she talking about..." Ray thought, a confused expression still plastered on his face. "Do... that...?"

All he said was that he wanted to...

Sleep...

Ray's eyes slowly widened as realization dawned on him. Before he knew it, he was blushing red as well, frantically trying to explain himself.

"N-No! That's not what I...!" Ray started to say, waving his hands out wildly in him.

Emma looked up just slightly, her green eyes peeking at him through the strands of her orange hair. Seeing her like that, Ray found himself frowning, unable to say another word. 

"Not what you...?" Emma said, her voice barely above a whisper.

He groaned, scratching the back of his head as he thought of what to do. "...It was just a joke," Ray replied, casually raising a hand and patting Emma's head, making a mess of her already messy hair. Emma gave a slight flinch, but as soon as his hand touched her head, the bubbly feeling was back. "I didn't mean anything by it," Ray continued, "Anyways, it's getting late... We should get ready for bed."

Emma gazed at Ray's fleeting back as he walked away, her beating heart squeezed as she watched him go.

"It wasn't a joke..." Emma whispered to herself, standing still in the middle of the hallway. Emma knew him well. Ray wouldn't joke about something like that...

She slowly reached up and touched the spot Ray just patted. Still warm, her heart fluttered.

Yeah... Ray wouldn't joke about something like that. Looking into his eyes, she could tell that he confused himself with what he said as well... As if the words came out of him before he knew it. And knowing him, it was more likely that... she misinterpreted his words.