The Locker Message: 2

LUNCHTIME ROLLED IN very quickly, as quick as her classes were. Maybe because she had zoned out in all of them.

She strode to her locker, contrary to others who were rushing to their lockers as if in a war. As she neared her locker, she noticed Joy, her locker buddy, and also the girl who had a huge crush on Elliot searching her locker for a message. The noticeable drop of her shoulders was enough indication that she had gotten none.

Elle wasn't alone after all.

As Joy slammed her locker shut, Elle cleared her throat, making her presence known. Joy bounced, placing a hand on her chest. She scurried away immediately, her curly hair following her movements. Elle smiled, feeling accomplished.

She made sure no one was looking as she gently opened her locker, scanning for a message. As expected, she found nothing. She couldn't blame anybody, neither could she be blamed. Getting bullied was never funny, and it was not long ago she took a stand against it, her new motive being to bully people before they could get to her. Maybe it was a wrong motive, but she wouldn't understand.

Tears brimmed her eyes as she shut her locker, but not before noticing a paper drop out from one of her books. The tears went as quick as they came, and soon she found herself reading the fancy printed note.

 The tears went as quick as they came, and soon she found herself reading the fancy printed note

She re-opened her locker, and found the heart-rimmed glasses, after searching for them. Her concern wasn't the fact that someone managed to slip a pair of glasses into her locker without it cracking, but the fact that someone actually took interest in her.

She hugged the letter to herself, and for the first time in many years, she smiled.

And it reached her eyes.