Bonus 3: Mi Casa Es Su Casa

"Why the hell is all of this so much work? It's just one day for fuck's sake," Logan mumbled when I showed him some flowery decorations I kind of liked for our wedding.

Any sort of wedding-planning activities went about as smoothly as I could have expected with him, especially since most of the time, he didn't care about the small details. For him, just a simple I do and maybe a kiss was good enough. And the weird thing was that it wasn't the worst idea in the world to me. At least it would save us some time to do what we wanted instead of fussing over the details before I had to leave for the winter.

"It's not just a day, Logan. It's supposed to be the happiest day of our lives, and I really want it to live up to that. You know how much I miss Paradise City," I said.

"Yeah, but it's one day, and the point is to make us happy, not everyone else. Is it really important to you that we have whatever the fuck that is?"

I glanced at the picture again. "Well, no. I'd rather have ginkgo leaves or Venus flytraps or something."

"Then let's do that. That sounds way more us than the stupid ass flowers in the picture."

"I think they're marigolds," I said.

"Of course you would know that."

The truth was that it was on the website, but I didn't mind the fact that he thought I was a flower genius.

"And anyway, if anyone wants to complain about our style of decorating, then I'll kick their ass. I don't give a shit. No one's going to ruin this day for us," he continued.

"You won't have to kick anyone's ass. It's just gonna be my family, yours, and maybe Brett, Jia, and Carter. Maybe," I said.

He paused for a moment. "I don't know, I always thought I'd have to fight someone at my wedding. Like a duel to the death."

"Well, no one's going to try to fight you over me, so that's not an option."

He chuckled. "You're too humble, Rea. You're fucking adorable, and everyone with a heart can see it."

I turned back to my phone to look at Venus flytrap themed decorations. "But if you want, we can hire someone for you to fight. We both might as well have the time of our lives on this one day that we don't even have a date for."

"We should just put this off until later. I have an exam in biochem next week, and I don't want to think about anything besides how badly I'm gonna fail that."

I smiled. "You're not gonna fail. You're good at the chemical mechanisms and all of that."

"Yeah, but—"

Instead of letting him finish his thought, I kissed him on the cheek, which was easily the best way to get him to shut up for a second.

"You're gonna do fine. And even if you fail, I'll still love you probably," I said.

But before Logan could respond to me, someone knocked at my front door.

"Did you order something?" I asked.

Logan shook his head. "Nope. I just kinda live here."

"You're always so helpful. What would I do without you?" I said and looked through the peephole. I turned back to Logan. "I think it's Brett out there."

"What the fuck? Tell him to go away."

"I can't do that. Where I'm from, if someone shows up at your door, you feed them."

"It's Brett. He should be feeding you, for fuck's sake."

He had a point, but I opened up the door anyway. I loved spending the summer with Brett since he was such a burst of sunshine on a cloudy island in the middle of the Atlantic, and I wasn't going to just leave him outside my door like that.