Chapter 34 - For Kelly's Sake

I became aware of warmth and of daylight. It must have been at least ten o'clock. The smell of Kelly and the feeling of her in my arms as we spooned brought back memories of last night. They made me smile. Kelly was my first.

I thought it again for good measure, letting it become a permanent part of the story of my life and my identity. It made me smile. 'Kelly is my first.'

I heard her breathing change. She turned to look at me, and smiled when she saw the look on my face.

"Good morning," she said.

"Good morning, Kelly Rose."

"What are you thinking that's making you so happy?"

"How can I not be happy when I woke up with your firm little tush pressed up against me?" I gave her a little peck on the cheek, not wanting my morning breath to gross her out.

"So, you don't regret...anything?"

"Not one second," I assured her with an eskimo kiss.

"I wish it had been my first time, too."

"Would you stop worrying about that? I'm not worried about it. I don't care if you've done that with other girls before. I'm just glad you're doing it with me now. Besides, maybe it's better that one of us knew what we were doing."

"Oh, you knew. Besides, I never actually did..." she lightly brushed my lips with her finger, "that before."

It took me a minute to comprehend what she was saying. "You mean, you never did that to a girl before? Like, just...fingers?"

"Or vice versa."

"I thought that was the whole point! I mean, why wouldn't you want to...you know."

Kelly shrugged. "I guess the girls I was with just didn't want to. At least, they didn't want to with me."

"Huh," I considered that. "So then," I said cockily, "I was your first something."

Kelly grinned and bit her lower lip, nodding her head. "And second, and third, and-"

"Screw morning breath," I thought, and gave her a kiss.

I heard some motion in the hall outside my door. I figured the other girls were getting up and taking turns in the bathroom or going downstairs for breakfast. Someone seemed to be lingering outside my door a little too long, though.

"The girls are going to tease us so much," Kelly said softly, looking at the door.

"They don't know what we did. Let them wonder."

"Oh, I'm pretty sure they know."

"Why?"

"You were...vocal, when you..."

"What? I was not!"

She turned a little red and nodded her head. "They must have heard you."

"So, I'm a screamer?"

"Not screaming, exactly, but close."

"Huh."

Loud bass notes suddenly came from just outside my door. The girls must have put Kristy's bluetooth speaker in the hall. A chorus of giggles rang out from the direction of Kristy's bedroom.

"What the heck?" Kelly asked.

"Oh dear gods of 80's pop." A slightly nasal, flirty female voice started singing over the highly synthesized music.