Chapter Fifteen

Everyone who is healthy and able to fight is already dressed up in their jumpsuits. There is about five people waiting near the exit and that does not include me and Dominic. Pheno was injured during the mass fight so all we have is four random comrades and Cindy. I would have to say she is in no shape to fight but she ordered we allow her to tag along.  

I wish I had gotten some good rest last night. I thought cuddling up to Dominic would help but the fact that Charlie was gone and in who-knows-what condition I couldn't really sleep right. Dominic tried coaxing me into sleep for a while but I convinced him that if I couldn't at least someone needed to so he ended up out like a light in a minute.  

The four other people accompanying us on the rescue consisted of three males and a female. Cindy decided earlier that a smaller group would be quicker and easier to get through the system to save Charlie. The four comrades are leaning against the wall as Cindy waves to us, wincing back any pain, signaling us to hurry and meet at the exit.  

I glance back at Dominic who is shutting my bedroom door and begin walking over to Cindy and the others. I can hear Dominic slowly following behind me. Doesn't take us long to cross the living area to meet up with the group. As we halt in front of Cindy she smiles weakly and gestures to the other four beside her.  

"The people that will be accompanying us will be this great lady here, Grace. The man beside her is our navigator, Erin. The man that will be aiding in combat will be the man in the middle, Alister. Then the last guy on the end is our loose end, Garrett. You can glance at their belts to obviously see they portray their area of specialty and they have made it well known that we are going to get in and retrieve Charlie alive," Cindy exclaims and adjusts her belt before glancing at me and Dominic for any questions.  

Dominic steps forward and shakes the four comrades' hands firmly and quietly welcomes them to the group. They all nod and seem pumped for the mission ahead. I pass through and shake their hands as well, all very firm. Each appears a different age.  

Grace's hair is shoulder length and wavy, like a waterfall of chocolate brown hair flowing from her scalp. She is dressed in a jumpsuit like all the rest of us making her light skin look pale. The jumpsuit fits loosely to her thin body but she stands firm and upright with posture I do not have. Her eyes are bordered with long thick eyelashes bringing out her hazel eyes.  

Beside Grace is Erin, almost towering over her. His short black hair is protruding from every angle appearing as though he just got out of bed. His eyes are narrow cloaking his purple hued eyes. His tan skin mingles with the dark material of the jumpsuit that seems to barely fit him.  

Alister only comes to Erin's shoulder with his cleanly shaven head. He isn't as pale as Grace but not as tan as Erin. His dull green eyes have slight intimidation in them and it seems he hasn't stopped grinning the entire time they have been introduced. He has various weapons attached to his waist weighing down the jumpsuit.  

Lastly is Garrett, who looks just as old as me and Dominic. While the others Erin and Alister look as old as Cindy and Grace looks like she is young but definitely older than Dominic and I. Garrett has short trimmed blonde hair and bright blue eyes...like me. I find it kind of weird but I know I'm not the only human in the world with features like so. He is shorter than the other two guys but manages to be taller than the ladies in the group, including me. He has nothing on his belt which confuses me but I'm sure we'll find out his talent sooner or later.

Everyone has quickly assembled and made sure they have all their equipment before piling behind Cindy at the door. Dominic has his hand softly touching my lower back as we watch Cindy unlock the exit door and I have to fight the urge to look at Dominic to see his expression as he is casually touching me.