Together

When he was casted as Lan Wangji, Wang Yibo had been rather worried that he would fail to deliver the role properly, not that his personality doesn't have any similarities with HanGuang-jun—no, they actually have quite a lot of similar traits— he had been troubled by the fact that the actor chosen to be Wei Wuxian had been an alpha. Wei Ying and Lan Zhan obviously have the most scenes together and Yibo was worried that he wouldn't be able to pull off a dominating air over the other. What, with being a simple beta, how can he not fuss over this?

After his eighteenth birthday, Wang Yibo had come into terms that he'd never present as either alpha or omega, because hey, that was a bit over-aged already. Not that he had prayed for it (he did), but at some point Yibo thought he'd be an alpha, as he was often told that he had the traits of one: cold, strict, competitive, generally having this air of do-not-disturb-me, among others. He was also actively part of a majorly alpha group, UNIQ, with Yixuan as the only beta and him who hasn't presented yet, and he'd lived with them for years, so if he was going to present either alpha or omega, it would have been a logical timing if he did present in those days, being continually subjected to his groupmates' scents and antics and all their shit. It was fun shit though, and Yibo truly does miss them, even that one time at seventeen when he'd fooled around with Seungyoun and Sungjoo, when they'd sneaked alcohol in their unit when their manager was out for days. It was Sungjoo's birthday, and Yibo had gifted him something really nice Sungjoo went Aiyo, my pretty baby Yibo here is so thoughtful! and hadn't stopped teasing him so Yibo just kissed him to shut him up (he definitely blames it on drinking alcohol as a minor) and Seungyoun, being the wild asshat that he always has been, whined How about me?! Aww, Yibo is so biased~ and so Yibo kissed him too, and didn't stop doing so (part of his brain supplies him with the image of being on Sungjoo's lap while lip-locking with Seungyoun, but Yibo wants that image deleted,) until Yixuan separated them and Wenhan scolded him, smacked the three of them upside the head, and took away their drinks. And if he didn't recoil from that as an alpha or didn't present as an omega after that, Wang Yibo was sure that he never will.

And so here he is now, fingers drumming anxiously on the table as he waits for Xiao Zhan, along with the Untamed staff, as today is their first day for script run-throughs to check how they will be delivering the lines. He'd long abandoned his copy of the manuscript, only going over it for a little over fifteen minutes before he put it down, eyes tired of pretending that he was actually reading what there wasn't to read. Given, the script he had was incomplete and only contained scenes for a few episodes, but damn, Yibo is sure that even as a non-talkative person himself, Lan Wangji really doesn't speak a lot. The only times he speaks were on scenes with his brother and his uncle which were obligatory, scenes with Wei Ying, scenes where he would ask of the whereabouts of Wei Ying, and scenes where he would defend Wei Ying. So basically, Lan Wangji's character development was based off of his interactions and thoughts with and of Wei Wuxian. And damn, if Yibo doesn't get along with Xiao Zhan, he sure as hell is doomed.

That didn't become the case though, because only within a few hours of being in the same room as Xiao Zhan, Wang Yibo has already decided that the man is an angel.

Most alphas Yibo had worked with had this uncomfortably imposing sort of vibe, no matter how the alphas tried to suppress it. They weren't all rude, but their auras were like a built –in feature that they just couldn't get rid of. Yibo kind of understands the feeling, so one day in the middle of filming, he tells Xiao Zhan how the alpha was weird, and Xiao Zhan's brows rise at the statement. Yibo figured the man should at least be slightly pissed, but he wasn't.

Yibo shrugs, "I don't know, ge. Please don't take this as an offense but..." he hesitates, and Xiao Zhan quirks a brow at him so Yibo continues. "...it's like you're not an alpha...?"