2 - PRINCE CHARMING

Sam Winchester

Sam Winchester.

Within a moment, like burning a phrase on a piece of jewelry, the boy's name had seared itself in Bellona's mind. She was certain that if someone were to peer inside the depths of her brain, Sam's name would lie somewhere between the twisting, interminable tangles that made up the inside of her head, because his name wasn't one she would easily forget.

She wasn't sure how she knew it, but there wasn't a doubt in her mind that the image of Sam Winchester was one that would live with her forever. Sure, in the years to come, he would fade into a hazy picture of who he once was. A blurry silhouette. After all, how often did a person remember the flecks in someone's eyes, the creases that lined the face of someone they'd just met?

But she would remember him, even if it was merely as a ghost of her past.

Bellona smiled, and she willed her hand to stop shaking as she wrapped it around his. "Bellona Wesson. It's nice to meet you, too."

Summer beckoned for Bellona to lean over, and as she did so, her eyes remained locked on the boy that stood in front of her. The blonde craned her neck to whisper, "Very nice."

Bellona laughed nervously, and her gaze flicked downwards as she felt heat begin to circulate in her cheeks. Summer was right, of course, but she only hoped Sam Winchester hadn't heard her comment. Among all her concerns about this tour, the possibility that Sam had overheard was the most worrisome - she'd just met him, and her cheeks were already as red as the paint on Summer's nails.

"We can start the tour now, if you want," Bellona announced after glaring briefly at her friend. She turned to look at Sam, who'd been smiling warily at Summer's hushed joke. She couldn't tell if he'd overheard it or not, but judging by the wide grin that enveloped his expression at Bellona's suggestion, she guessed he had.

'Great,' Bellona hissed inwardly. 'That's just what I needed.'

Sam nodded, a grin tugging at the ends of his mouth before he forced it away. His voice was light and carefree when he said, "Yeah. Yeah, that would be great actually."

Bellona smiled. "Great! Uh...follow me, then."

Her footfall was silent as she ambled across the library, but her train of thought created a ruckus of its own as it crashed through every worry and fear she possessed. Of all the people that could have requested a tour, it had to be Sam? Bellona's fingers began to curl and wring around each other. Her nerves were always set on edge around charismatic men, and Sam was no exception. In fact, she wouldn't have been surprised if he was the Prince Charming, transported directly from the stories she heard as a child.

As she exited the library, Sam at her side, the lighting in the building took on much deeper shades. Where the room full of books was decorated with a skylight, the sun's rays constantly shining through the panes of glass, the halls outside the library had no such pleasure. They were plagued with rows of dim artificial light, casting shadows throughout every corner.