Epilogue

Epilogue 

{ One Year Later } 

Judith calls me Mama three days after Carol’s execution. We were at breakfast with everybody present, and when the little word slipped from her mouth amongst her usual babblin’ paired with a big toothless smile aimed my way, I let myself admit that I’d fallen in love with that baby. Everyone beamed, and I just kissed Judith’s whole little face, makin’ her giggle with absolute and total joy. 

Two days after that, Rick presents me with thin gold chain and very quietly asks me ta’ be his wife. I accept, give him a kiss, and then hold his hand as we walk ta’ dinner, sneakin’ looks at him and blushin’ the whole time. We’re met with a grinnin’ Carl who eagerly asks, “Did ya’ ask her yet?” over and over and over ‘til Rick nods and confirms that I said yes, grinnin’ like a damn fool. 

All of our lives have been blessed ever since. Beth finally settled down with one a’ her little boyfriends, and Hershel approves of him. Maggie and Glenn are tryin’ fer a baby, and Michonne and Daryl found out that they’re expectin’ one not long ago. Daryl is a nervous wreck and Michonne is so excited she practically vibrates whenever she talks about somethin’ pretainin’ to her baby. She’s not swole up yet, but it’ll come, and I think she can’t wait. 

Nothin’s perfect, a’ course. We still have scrapes and fears and worries, but we’re makin’ it- thrivin’, even. Nobody’s died since Carol was killed. Runs go smoothly, for the most part. The fences that protect us remain solid. Judith’s getting’ big, and so is Carl. I haven’t killed a walker in nearly eight or nine months. I haven’t been afraid in about that long either. When I go ta’ sleep at night, I feel safe. 

When I wake up in the mornin’ and see Rick sleepin’ next ta’ me, I feel at home.

***

Author's Note-

OK, so I lied. This is the final chapter and there won't be anymore than this.

Ya'll! I can't believe I finished this story! I feel like I've just sent my only child of to college or something.

This experience has been amazing though. I'm so grateful for all the love and support I've recieved for this story, and I'm so grateful to everyone who read it from beginning to end. All the votes and comments and reads mean more to me than you realize! Thank you all so much!

If you're in dispair about the end of this book, worry not! I've already got the itch to write something else so keep your eyes peeled for a new story from me. I don't know when it'll be up, but I imagine I'll have a little something started by the time New Years rolls around, maybe sooner. It depends on how crazy school and winter break are, so fingers crossed!

Once again, thank ya'll so much!!! \( ^-^ )/

- Love, Madison <3