The Reading Lists

If you want your story to be featured in one of our reading lists, there are some important things you need to know. Please read through the submission guidelines carefully before filling out the submission form. This will ensure your story meets our profile's submission requirements.

- Your story must adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines. If your story contains mature content, it should be rated accordingly. If you are unsure, please refer to the content guidelines.

- All submissions must be in English.

- We accept both complete and ongoing stories. If the story is complete, please ensure it is marked as 'complete' in the story details. If the story is ongoing it must have been updated at least once a month for the past three consecutive months and must continue to be updated at least once a month to remain in the reading lists.

- We only accept the first story in a series.

- You are welcome to submit as many stories as you want. We do not limit the number of stories a writer can have in our reading list, or even in a single reading list.

- Your story must fit into one of the available reading lists featured on this profile. You will find a list of our available reading lists at the end of this chapter with a brief description of what kind of stories will best fit each one.

How to submit:

> Please note that any submission attempts made outside of the submission form (e.g. on the message board, in the comments) will not be considered. Only submissions made via the linked form below will be reviewed.

>> Please note that a submission does not guarantee you a spot on the reading list. All submissions undergo review before a decision is made. This is to ensure our readers are served quality stories that fit their reading tastes.

>> Please pay attention to grammar, spelling, and punctuation. We strongly advise you to read and edit your story before submitting it. You can find quick editing tips HERE from our own Wattpad Creators.

>> You will also want to be sure you've included a well-written story description for your readers. For tips on story descriptions, visit THIS page.

>> Please be patient after you submit your story. The review process can take up to 30 days. We cannot provide feedback on individual stories or submissions.

>>> READING LIST SUBMISSION FORM <<<

Just open the link in your browser and answer the questions. When complete, press submit and that's it.

What are the profile's Reading Lists?

Epic Fantasy
These stories feature stories that tackle stakes that are epic in nature, be it settings, themes, or plot. They contain imaginary worlds, large-scale conflicts, and clashes between good and evil. Popular works that may come to mind are Garth Nix's Sabriel and and Leigh Bardugo's Grishaverse.

Dark Fantasy
These stories feature fantasy works that have darker atmosphere, settings, and plot. They can contain elements of horror are not required. These stories are often bleak and heavy. Popular works that may come to mind are Erin A. Craig's House of Salt and Sorrow and Rebecca Schaeffer's Not Even Bones.

Urban Fantasy
These stories feature works that tackles fantastical settings, characters, and plots in the world we know, taking place in real-world, urban settings. Popular works that may come to mind are Jonathan Stroud's Bartimaeus Trilogy and Eoin Colfer's The Artemis Fowl series.

Isekai & Reincarnation
"Isekai" is a Japanese literary term that describes stories that feature characters being transported into a fantasy world. Reincarnation is a trope in Fantasy literature where characters are being reincarnated into other worlds or in the same world we live in, having been given a second chance. Popular media that may come to mind are the anime Re: Zero and The Time I Reincarnated as a Slime.

Mythology & Folklore
These stories feature the tales and characters that draw inspiration from mythologies and folklore from all over the world. From demigods to supernatural humans, these stories tackle common threads of the tales or old or offer unique reinventions to them. They can be adaptations or retellings of the tales we already know or they can be partially inspired by a specific mythology/folklore from other cultures. Popular works that may come to mind are Elizabeth Lim's Six Crimson Cranes and Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.

Academia
These stories feature settings and plots that take place in a school environment. Popular works that may come to mind are J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter Series and Shannon Messenger's Keeper of the Lost Cities series.

Science Fantasy
These are stories that combine the elements of Science Fiction and Fantasy. They take elements, plots, and themes from both genres and mix them up to produce Science-Fantasy works. Popular media that may come to mind are the TV show, Arcane and Melissa Meyer's The Lunar Chronicles.

Magical Realism
These stories blur the line between fantasy and reality. These stories depict the real world as having an undercurrent of magic or fantasy, where magical events become daily, normal occurrences. Popular works that may come to mind are Sarah Van Name's These Bodies Between Us and Morgan Matson's Promchanted.

Romantasy
These stories involve two of the biggest genres: romance and fantasy. They focus on relationships as an integral part of the plot, against the backdrop of a fantasy world. Popular works that may come to mind are Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me series and Sarah J. Maas' Throne of Glass series.

DiverseLit Fantasy
These are stories that feature characters who are part of minority groups that are not typically featured in Fantasy literature. They can be part of, but not limited to, disabilities, body types, illnesses, disorders, sexual identities, religions, and nationalities. Popular works that may come to mind are Renée Ahdieh's The Wrath and the Dawn and Namina Forna's The Gilded Ones.

LGBTQIAP+ Fantasy
These stories feature characters and themes that tackle the LGBTQIAP+ experience in a Fantasy backdrop. Popular works that may come to mind are Sarah Underwood's Lies We Sing to the Sea and Aidan Thomas' The Sunbearer Trials.

Fantasy Guidebookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें