18

Dig Dug
Part One
Readers pov

Me and Mike stayed with Will in his room to listen to him talk while Mrs Byers tried to call Hopper again.

"It's like...I feel what the shadow monster is feeling see what he's seeing" Will confesses.
"Like in the upside down?" Mike asked
"Some of him was there, but some of him was here to" Will tells us.
"Here? As if he was in this house?" I slowly asked
"In this house, in me. It's like- it's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more and the more he spreads the more connected to him I feel" Will tries to explain to us so we understand.
"And the more you see these now memories?" Mike asked.

I felt Will tense up a little bit so I laid my head on his shoulder. Maybe it can calm him down. Was my intention but the only thing I can tell is that his body is freezing cold.

"At first, I just felt it in the back of my head.  I didn't really know it was there, it's like when you have a dream and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. It was like that but now it's like I remember- I remember all the time" Will tells us
"Maybe.." I trail off. I don't exactly know what's the matter with him but something feels off.

"Maybe that's good" Mike says which brings me back into the conversation.
"Good?" Me and Will asked kinda confused.

"Think about it Will. You're like a spy now, a super spy! Spying on the shadow monster. If you know what he's seeing and what he's feeling then maybe that's how we can stop him, maybe all this is happening for a reason" Mike explains.

"You really think so?" I asked unsure of his theory.
"Yeah. I really do" Mike says and we all look down at Wills drawing of the shadow monster.
"What if he figures out we're spying on him? What if he wants revenge?" Will asked worried.
"He won't" I reassured Will.
"How do you know?" Will asked
I put my hand on Wills hand making him look up at me.
"I won't let anything bad happen." I say.

'I know Mike doesn't know the entire story but Will knows my abilities so hopefully I can reassure him a little.' I thought.

"Don't worry Will. You are going to be fine" I smiled at him.
However I still felt that weird presence. It's like something is lurking around in the shadows but I don't know what exactly 'something' is which is what I don't like.

Me and Mike ended up sleeping over at Wills house. Since Hopper never answered his phone.

'Maybe him and Eleven need some alone time?' Was what I kept telling myself but I feel a little worried about him though. 'What if he's really not okay? Last time he didn't answer though so maybe he's just being a heavy sleeper again..' I thought.

The night came and went quickly when we heard Will wake up in a panic of some sort the next morning. It woke both me and Mike up making Mike ask.
"Whats wrong?"
Will looks at us his face had terror written all over it. He then gets up and walked away. So me and Mike followed him all the way to wake his mom up.

"Mom...Mom...Mom?" Will asked shaking her shoulder until she finally answered.
"Yeah?"
"I saw him.." Will confessed
"Saw who baby?" She asked
"Hopper. I think he's in trouble, I think he's going to die" Will states.
"What...?" I asked

Panic was the only thing I could do. Eleven doesn't even know yet I really, really hope she's doing okay. I didn't go home last night again and if Hopper really is in danger then that means she's all alone right now.
'I hope she's not mad or scared by herself'