Chapter-1

Daniel Adams

Life is boring without fun. If there's no entertainment or you don't entertain yourself then your life will be monotonous without any refreshing feels. That's what I feel.

And some moments of my precious and entertaining life became boring the moment I entered the party of a product launch where I could do nothing but to listen to their boring talks about the share market. It's not like I don't want to talk about it but they were blabbering about the same thing for the last one hour.

I was sitting at the round table with some of the business associates and the only thing keeping me sane was...food.. that was served in front of us.

Everyone was engaged in talks while my focus was on Mediterranean Chicken salad sitting sophisticatedly on my plate; ready to make my stomach and my mood to dance in happiness.

Amidst enjoying my food I felt someone's gaze on me which made me look up to the fellows sitting with me but no one was staring at me. Shrugging my shoulders I continued eating but again felt the intensity of gaze on me. I looked up and roamed my eyes around the hall and caught a beautiful lady staring at me, intriguingly as if she was trying to figure me out.

I was awestruck when I looked at the woman staring at me. Her beautiful pitch-black hair and her big eyes took all my attention. When she didn't avert her eyes then going against my nature I showed her fork full of salad asking if she wanted it. She immediately looked away making me chuckle. Interesting.

After dinner, we all stood up and segregated to talk with others. I wasn't there with any date but with my P.A, Scott Monett.

I was talking to one of the business associates when I saw a woman approaching me; Claire Wilson, daughter of one of my business clients who had been trying to cling to me. She's a model by profession and she endorses some beauty products. Excusing myself I walked away to hide from her but I groaned internally when she came and snaked her arm around mine, making me stop in the middle.

"Long time no see, Daniel," Claire said in her seductive voice.

"Yeah, I was stuck on the deserted island in the middle of the sea to be away from you," I muttered under my breath.

"Huh? What did you say?" She asked.

"Oh, nothing. It's just that.. work keeps me occupied." I gave a tight-lipped smile; detaching her arm from mine.

"Oh come on, can't you spare even an hour to meet me? Last we met 5 months back that too for a few minutes." She put her hand on my chest.

I wanted to be away from her otherwise she would eat up my mind with her nonsensical talks.

I saw Scott, my P.A passing by and I was thankful he saw me; I immediately signaled him to come over. He raised his eyes and came running to me.

"S..sir, I have important matters to discuss with you." Thank goodness he understood on his own.

"Sorry, Claire but I have to listen to him. We'll talk later okay?"

"Promise that this time you won't ditch me." She pouted.

"Can't promise because it's about work," I replied calmly.

She huffed "Okay fine. But remember that I'll be staying in New York for quite some time. And this time I will surely spend my time with you, no matter what."

"Sure," I replied positively to make her leave me alone.

"Next time then." She kissed my cheek and walked away.