Chapter 12

Gwen pov

     I was quietly sitting in my room, working on my laptop. I had managed to secure an  internship in one of the top companies. This  time I did not bother telling anyone about it,  because I doubt someone would really care.

Dave and his family threw me a small  party when I got a job. His mom made her special lasagna and his Dad baked me a chocolate  cake. They gifted me a photo frame. The  picture was when I climbed on Dave's back,  he lost balance and we crashed to the floor.  Both of us burst out laughing, when his  parents saw us laughing rolling on the floor,  they too started laughing. Someone had  taken a  picture of all of us. When I saw that  as my gift I almost burst into tears.

I carefully kept my laptop into a bag, and stretched my hands, when the door burst  open and Dad barged in like an angry bull.

"Did you really think I won't know your dirty  work Gwen?" Dad  snapped.

"What happened?"I asked confused.

"Don't act like your very innocent, you have  been stealing money from my bank account."  He said glaring.

What nonsense. I didn't even  take pocket money like Lily I worked part  time in a small cafe. Most of my education  goes through scholarships. They never  bothered to know about my college expenses,  so I never bothered to ask them money. And  them accusing me of stealing money is a bit far fetched.

"I don't want your money, I have an  internship that pays me." I told him.

He snorted in disbelief. "I will see till when  you can keep up this act, listen to me  carefully if I get even tiny proof against you.  You will go to jail." He threatened.

I rolled my eyes. Find proof and then accuse  me.When I know I didn't do anything wrong,  why should I be scared. I changed a lot in  these years. Old Gwen would have sobbed for  hours,  thinking  her  father didn't  trust  her.  But now I was giving up on them. I will not  wait around all my life to get them to notice me.

*******

I changed into a tank top and shorts, tiredly  sitting on the edge of my bed. Dad  had thrown yet another party I lingered around  till I had some dinner and then came back to  my room. I didn't bother to listen to all the  rich people's talk as they call it. There was a  knock on the door, and I muttered a small  come in.

Dave had promised to drop by with some cookies and ice cream. I hope he has vanilla. The door opened and a lanky figure appeared  and I heard the click of the lock. I slightly  panicked, Dave never locked the door. I  turned to see Adam looking at me creepily.

I tugged on a jacket, securing it around my  shoulders and hips. He looked up at me with  a perverted expression.

"Why did you lock the door?" I asked.

"I don't want anyone to interrupt us." He  said pulling me off the chair and pinning me  to the wall. I started hitting at his chest, but  the idiot didn't budge. "

"Go home, your drunk." I warned.

"I can hardly leave you, when you look so  tempting in those shorts." The pervert said  slightly rubbing my waist.

"I am warning you, go home." I said pushing  him away from me.

   "You, know your sister and I had quite fun  yesterday. We borrowed money from your father's account and poor little Gwen was  blamed." He slurred. I stopped dead in my  tracks, Lily was the one stealing money and  Dad had blamed me. Of course she was the  one besides mama who knew all the bank  details.