Chapter 34: Explaining

"So...uh Z...I b-been um," he grunted clearing his throat once again for the lack of words coming out of his mouth, "I've wanted...w-wanted to ask you...no no, I mean see, no, I mean do you..." Alex began panicking and Zander could see how much anxiety he had.

Rolling her eyes, Nina put her hand to Alex's mouth silencing him quickly. Turning her attention to Zander she smiled, "Alex here's been wanting to ask you something very important. Don't you Alex?" She glared over again the man whose heavy breathing heated Nina's hand.

Nodding his head Nina slowly moved her hand away. "Just start from the beginning. Like you told me." She said putting her hand on his shoulder.

Taking a breathe to help calm his anxious nerves, Alex finally found words. "So...about what M said this morning. About my wife and all. Or I uh mean well soon to be ex wife. We got into a lot of heated arguments because of something...and well this something is very special and personal that I've wanted."

"I'm sorry to hear that Alex." Zander sat back not wanting to stress Alex out more. "What were you guys arguing over?"

"Uh..." once again his mind went blank. As if Zander's presence drew all his thoughts out of his head. Quickly looking over at Nina for help he begged her with his eyes to assist him.

"Do you know what ageplay is, Z?" She immediately asked looking at the younger boy. Not to her surprise Zander shook his head.

After a long run down of the topic Zander's face had nearly gone pale. It didn't take a genius to see he was surprised and had hundreds of questions. However, of the hundreds of questions he had, Zander was particularly interested in the why.

"Why are you telling me all of this?" He asked Nina.

She had gotten the worst of the matter out of the way, now it was up to Alex. Nina had refused to continue walking in Alex's shoes. He needed to take on the role if he truly wanted Zander at his side.

Leaving Zander in the silence for over a minute forced Alex to speak. The uncomfortable silence they were sitting him had made him come out of his head.

"We're telling you this because..." he began to say before he caught wind of Nina looking at him, "...I-I'm telling you this information because there's a question I need you to answer. Ever since the group started coming together I've been remembering back to our good days in high school and college. After we had split up and everyone was beginning to work on their own careers, I was consumed by my work. Then I found my wife who I thought would stick by my side. Which she did, before..." he just began spewing out words which helped him begin. "...before I brought up the idea of having a little with her. She thought the idea of it wasn't anything positive. And I left it at that with her for a few years. This was all before Mallix called me about their hearing and the drama with Kaila. But after I could see just how much love Mallix and Lain have for their little girl, how much Nina loves her, it just all came back in my head."

Zander slowly blinked listening to every work closely. Without realizing it he had made two fists that were squeezing tightly onto the bedsheet beneath him.

"The feeling lingered for longer than it should've I suppose. Seeing all the love shown made me want to ask my wife again. But she still hadn't considered it as even an option. Everything to her just wouldn't have worked out and she wouldn't have stuck around for it. That's what Mallix was talking about earlier. It's why I'm getting a divorce and why this is, uh, hard for me to say." He cleared up before getting into any of the new information. "Then I came here to help with this new problem and I saw everyone again. I know this is serious and that Lain and Kaila are in trouble within some crazy Cave masterminds, but that doesn't stop my life from happening too. Just so many fun memories came back from us all. But there was someone in particular who was always involved with my memories. Someone who had grabbed my attention so much, even back when we were still kids."

Until this point Alex had been alternating the direction of his head from between the gap between him and Nina to Zander and the window to his side. The entire time he was fearful of looking Zander straight in the eyes when he said so. But finally his eyes had locked with his and the butterflies all came flying back.

Zander's remained quiet. Instead he had a look on his face that said everything he needed to for him. His eyes were wide and his jaw was propped open slightly. Curious as he was, Zander was at a lost for many words. The only words that made an appearance in his mind were, "and the someone? Whose that?" He simply wanted Alex to continue on.

Taking the biggest breathe of his life and turning a light shade of pink, Alex more quietly mumbled, "you."

That one word was enough to send Zander flying off the bed. He had been following along and could almost predict what would come next in the story, but this took him by surprise. Not only did he not expect it, but he didn't know what this meant for his and Alex's relationship.

"Zander, what Alex's is trying to say is that he's been very interest for a long time in having himself his own little. And he can't hide anymore his crush on you. He didn't want to mess anything up already going on between the two of you, but being here and constantly being around you has made him need to ask you something." Nina summed up lightly seeing Alex blush an even darker color of pink.

"Do you want me to be your little boy?" Zander fit the pieces of the puzzle together himself as he instantly questioned Alex. It seemed like Alex took a year to respond as his eyes slowly moved their way to look outside before returning to Zander. The nervous wreck of a man nodded waiting to see Zander's reaction.
——————————————————————————
Let me know how you think Zander will respond. Thanks Lexx signing off