40: Secret Meeting 2

"After naming makatakas, we hid ourselves under the city. Naturally, hindi alam ng mga tagaHigh Kingdom about the secret tunnels. They are maybe for drainage purposes but these past few months, these become our refuge." The General continued.

"Your Highness, we have coordinated with them these past few months while they were using the tunnels to spy the High Kingdom people, we, elderlies, are spying above." Elder Avian added.

Julianna just nodded. She was pensieve and so the general spoke again.

"Gaya ng sabi ko kanina, the city will be emptied out in three days. This is the information we got upon spying the palace. They have already started a week ago. They had wagons and had sent out the palace people first. Those were your remaining cousins and uncles, Your Highness. Paubos na din nila ang mga National Treasures. In my guess, all of them will be sent to High Kingdom."

"My cousins and uncles... What about the other people of the palace?"

Napayuko ang heneral.

"They were all killed."

Julianna had already expected it. She knew very well how heartless these High Kingdom people. But hearing it, they were still made her blood boil and eyes red in anger.

"They dare!"

"And as the High Kingdom plans to leave the Magnolia City in few days time, I am certain the lives of these elderlies are also gonna be ended." Elder Avian said with a sigh.

"We won't let that happen." Hindi na nakatiis na sabi ni Lancelot. Hearing too much deaths, he couldn't help getting angry too on behalf of Julianna.

"That's right. We might not be able to get back up from Grey as soon as possible. But I believe with perfect planning and execution we will be able to maintain what remains to this city right now." Symeon said confidently.

Julianna looked at him. He just nodded at her as assurance. She gratefully smiled at him bago nagpatuloy sa pakikipag-usap sa mga tagaHigh Kingdom.

Symeon sighed to himself.

***

After nilang makalap lahat ng impormasyon na kailangan nila, they'd sent the elderlies back to their stores.

They needed to rest since the next morning, they still needed to act as usual as before. Para makaiwas sila na maalerto ang mga tagaHigh Kingdom.

As for the remaining, they started to plan the whole night so as the next few days would be dedicated for gathering the things they needed.

"Nalaman niyo ba kung anong oras susunduin ang nalalabing National Treasures?" Symeon asked General Lim.

"We didn't get the specific time. Pero kung ang pagbabasihan ay mga paghahakot nila nitong mga nakaraang araw, they usually reached the city early in the morning at aalis after lunch."

"We are unsure whether that time will still be followed. After all, at the third day, mga natitira na lang hahahkutin nila."

The General nodded. "Anyway, you should also know na ang tanging nagmamando na lang sa mga tagaHigh Kingdom ngayon ay ang kanang kamay ni Emperor Matsuhiko. The old man's name is Hazzard."

"Old man? Do you mean that person with a claw scar on his face?"

"Your highness, do you know that person?"

"I do. I still have a debt to settle with him. Siya lang naman ang nagpakalat ng portrait ko kaya before we even reached the Ming Province, we were almost chased to death."

The General was unsure kung sinong kasama ng Prinsesa nila noong mga panahong iyon. But seeing that murderous look on her eyes, mukhang hindi talaga naging madali ang paglalakbay nito papunta sa bayan ng Aunt niya.

"So that old man's name is Hazzard. That's quite intimidating for someone who only knew how to escape and use people."

"Calm down, Brother Yan. We are in the middle of planning. We can't be too emotional as to not let our judgment clouded."

Julianna rolled her eyes at Symeon.

"I can get emotional, of course. After all, the planning will be handed down to you. Lancelot will do the preparations. As for the real action, it will be mine to handle.

"Anyway, I don't care about the treasures. What you should prioritize in planning is how we are going to save the Elders."

"I know. Don't worry, I have that at the top of my brain."

"Good. For now, you should not think of unnecessary things." Julianna stood up and joined the others who were resting for a moment.

Sinundan lang siya ng tingin ni Symeon before he shook his head.

"It might have shocked you greatly." The General said knowingly. He even had a sympathetic smile towards him.

"It surely is."

"I am sure she has her reasons. Sooner or later, she will tell it to you personally. After all, you are helpimg us a great deal."

Symeon scratched his head. "Well, this is not only entirely for helping him. This is my mission too."

Hindi na nagtanong ang heneral ng hindi na nagkwento pa ang binata. The two of them exchanged more information before they had finally came out with a real plan.

***

"Since our priority is to save the elderlies, we have to be a bit careful so as not to put anyone to trouble." Symeon started. "Our situation is a bit inferior to the enemy. We need to move decisively. Less mistake, less lives to lose."

"If we can make it into no mistake so won't lose anyone then that will be much better." Julianna commented.

"If that's what you want then we really have to flourish this plan."

"That's what we have to do then."

Symeon nodded.

"We will be dividing ourselves into three. One to lure the tigers away. One to create chaos and open a path for the elders to escape. And the last team is to secure and cleaning the palace of High Kingdom people."

They fell silent and waited for Symeon to continue.

"Securing the palace will be tasked to General Lim and his selected team. Those agiles and speedy ones will be grouped with Lancelot and entrusted to create havoc to the city as distraction for the escape. And the luring will be for the two of us, Brother Yan."

Julianna nodded with a pleased smile. Luring the tiger, huh? It was very much into her liking.

"Your Highness, are you sure about this?"

"Don't worry, General Lim, Symeon and I recently learned a swordfighting skill. And it is very effective against the High Kingdom people."

***