24.

Thursday arrives, and I'm happy that my long week is finally over

Thursday arrives, and I'm happy that my long week is finally over. Lucky for me, the seminars on Friday have been cancelled, because the professor can't make it. That means I can leave to visit home in the morning, and I couldn't be more excited to see my mom again. 

How will I get home?  I don't know yet. I haven't decided if I feel ready to take the train or not.

This whole week I've seen Jace every single night. Even though he only wanted to sleep in his apartment from now on, we switched it up from time to time. The dorm is the closest thing to home I have right now, which is why I wanted to stay there a few nights too. 

After being single for over two years, being with Jace so much feels a little weird. It's a good weird, but I think the both of us just have to get used to the feeling.  We still haven't had the what-are-we-talk yet and no, of course we also haven't been more intimate with each other.

Jace still doesn't touch me, and I'm slowly starting to get a little frustrated. Maybe he's reconsidering everything he said to me before. He still hasn't introduced me to any of his friends, and that gives me a feeling that's even worse. Maybe I'm hopelessly hoping he does want a relationship after all, but I'm way too scared to start that conversation.

Back in my dorm, I'm happy I got all of my readings for next week done already. I can simply enjoy the time with my family over the weekend, without any responsibilities in the back of my head. I twist my keys in the lock and open the door to my room.

"Hey beautiful" I hear, startle and drop my keys. I look into the room to see Jace laying on my bed. I wasn't expecting him in here at all.

"You scared me" I tell him, holding my hand over my heart. Jace laughs back at me. "How'd you even get in?" I ask and drop my backpack in front of my bed.

Jace grabs me by the waist, pulls me onto his lap and places little kisses all over my face making me squeal a little. "I had a key made for me" he says chuckling.

I frown a little, but before I can wonder why he'd do that, he reaches into his pocket and lays another key on my bedside table.

"And here's yours" he says casually, as my eyes go wide. "Don't worry, I'm not asking you to move in or anything. But you're always welcome and I wanted to show you that" he says honestly, making my heart melt.

I feel like I might start crying, but I pull myself together. 

"Thank you. It's not like I had a choice, but same goes to you, obviously" I say warm, giving him a weak smile.

"Do you want to put it to use right away? I'd like it if we slept at mine today" he says, looking into my eyes while I sit up from his lap.

"Sure, I don't mind" I answer and want to grab myself some clothes. 

I don't need to pack any for staying at Jace's place, because this past week I finally remembered to leave some in his drawers. It does make things way easier for me, he was right.