Twenty Five: The Prophecy

"Before our eyes met, my mind was an empty mirror. I fear that my dreams will shatter. Now I see you every day in my dreams with all your beauty, that teases me, I lost my peace, I lost my sleep. All night I stay up thinking of you. What else can I say? I am in love."

-Glen Rambharack

I Don't Want to Lose You By: Luca Fogale

Elizabeth paced back and forth across the manicured grass of the garden, her body vibrating with restrained anger as Camille attempted to explain the conversation that had occurred between her and Azalea. Her blood boiled as she imagined Azalea knee deep in bodies fighting to claim the wolf princess as their own, the demon within her roaring with rage at the thought of anyone harming her.

The elder vampire's fangs elongated as a deafening snarl rumbled from her chest, cutting off Camille's words mid-sentence. It was a foolish tradition, this challenge, that they did not have time for. The race to get to Michael and unite the wolves with the rebel vampires was on. If they were going to reach Michael before Ravenna did, then this challenge would have to be over quickly. Elizabeth's lips pursed as an idea popped into the forefront of her mind. She knew Azalea would not be pleased, but there was no other option. Bracing her hands onto the edge of the fountain, her memory flickered back to the times she and Azalea would walk the gardens together. Breathing deep, she stood and clasped her hands behind her back, feeling the tension in the air as Camille no doubt waited for another outburst or destruction of property.

"That was mildly calm." She quipped, her presence materializing beside Elizabeth.

"I have come to an easy solution...I will fight in the challenge. This is the quickest way to put all of this to rest and move on toward our goal." Her lips twitched in amusement as Camille's shock assaulted her senses. Pivoting on her heels, Elizabeth strode confidently down the cobblestone path, not for the first time wishing she could see the beauty of the gardens in front of her. Her thoughts were pushed aside as Camille scrambled to catch up, a wave of uncontrollable sounds escaping her mouth as she struggled to make words.

"I...you....w-what?! You can't fight in the challenge! We won't have allies left!"

Elizabeth rolled her eyes out of habit. "Nice to see that your faith in me is unwavering as always. I assure you I am more than capable of showing restraint."

She couldn't see Camille's expression but she could definitely picture what it looked like right now; a sly gleam in her glowing eyes and a mischievous smirk spreading across her mouth. "Oh I'm sure you are, right now. But when you're elbow deep in blood and bodies and fear and on the other side of it is your mate? With you watching her fight a horde of horny males for you, will you be able to restrain yourself? I know I wouldn't, not if she were mine."

Their eyes clashed and the unbridled rage and passion swirling within Elizabeth's sightless gaze made her breath catch. The younger sister eyed her older sibling with caution and apprehension, all too aware of the danger lurking just beneath the surface. "Yes, Camille. I will restrain myself because it is not just my mate bond on the line, but the lives of thousands." A muscle in her jaw jumped as she ground her teeth together. "I am well aware of the repercussions of my actions and how they may or may not affect my relationship with the pack. Regardless of that fact, I am doing this and you will not be able to talk me out of it, so are you with me?"